“Great Stuff for Lunch”

The Works Bakery Cafe
Ranked #24 of 61 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The Works to you: humanely-raised, naturally-cured meats and poultry with no antibiotics or added hormones. Local eggs from cage-free chickens. Hormone- and antibiotic-free milk and cream cheese from Vermont family farms. Breakfast and lunch sandwiches and paninis on artisan bread, wraps or traditional boiled-and-baked bagels made with unbleached, unbromated flour. Fresh salads. Hearty, from scratch soups. Fresh-fruit smoothies. Rainforest Alliance Certified coffee. Thoughtfully sourced, local when possible.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stopped for lunch and were really impressed with everything we got, including a spinach wrap and an amazing grilled artichoke panini. Service was friendly and the prices were reasonable, so definitely worth a stop if you are in the area. We were definitely pleasantly surprised by how tasty everything we got was...

Jennifer F, Front Office Manager at The Works Bakery Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Jeremy C: Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your sandwich and wrap (I have to admit, I am partial to the artichoke panini myself!). We appreciate your patronage! ~Jennifer Fay

There are newer reviews for The Works Bakery Cafe

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a nice place to grab coffee, bagels, or sandwiches for lunch. I had a very good sandwich, and everyone with me enjoyed their sandwiches. I was just very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and service. The place looks (to me) smaller than it actually is. I remember that they had a good selection of sandwiches, bagels, and drinks. The service was also pretty fast, and the prices were reasonable. By the way, note that the picture and name of this restaurant on TripAdvisor both do not match the actual restaurant located at this address (as of May 2013). The restaurant located at this address has a sign that reads 'Sandwich Works'. These are the same restaurants, but for whatever reason the details are incorrect on TripAdvisor and elsewhere. Perhaps the owner has changed the name of the restaurant but not the sign?

Jennifer F, Manager at The Works Bakery Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for your review! I am so pleased that you had a good experience, and that you enjoyed your meal. I apologize about the confusion with the sign: we are currently in the process of updating our signage to maintain consistency. I do hope that if you pass through again, or you are in Maine or New Hampshire for your travels, that you will stop by again! ~Jennifer Fay

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Loved our breakfast sandwiches! Service was excellent as were the bagels! Can't wait to go back! Looking forward to the lunch bagels. Reminds us of our favorite bagel place in Lake Placid. Wish we had found it sooner!

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Don't waste your money. They used to be decent, but now they're unbelievably bad. Their bagels have shrunk in size over the years until now they're itty bitty, smaller than the frozen mini bagels in the grocery store.

I just spent $7.00 on a bagel with lox. And when I opened the wrapper, what was there? A 2-inch bagel with one super slim slice of lox that didn't even cover the 2-inch bagel. That is not just poor value, that is a downright ripoff.

They're the only bagel place in town, so they get away with it. But you don't get what you pay for, not by a long shot.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

I live in town and visit occasionally, but went in today for a bagel and coffee, and must say, they have made a lot of improvements, both to the building itself, seating, and the menu. It really is a gem and we are lucky to have this place in Manchester. I noticed, for instance, they have a soup or salad and half sandwich special every day, which is such a refreshing change from places that just simply overload you with too much food. Its easy to heat healthy here, and it is clear to me they are indeed trying to source their foods locally when possible. My daughter now lives in South America going to school, and we are visiting her in a few weeks, and what she wants us to bring is a dozen bagels from here, that says a lot !