“Best time-don't miss this experience!”

Manchester Hot Glass
Ranked #2 of 18 Shopping in Manchester
More attraction details
Owner description: Manchester Hot Glass is a glass blowing studio & gallery in Manchester, Vermont. Check out our popular Glassblowing 101 class and learn the craft yourself!Having read a few not so hot reviews I would like to add that Glass making is not a slow process. We work with HOT Glass and to do so you need to keep moving. I dont rush people, I work at a pace that is nessassary to make quality glass.
Raleigh, NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best time-don't miss this experience!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Highlight of our trip! We not only learned something new but got to make treasures to bring home. We made 4 paper weights, 2 drinking glasses, carafe & bowl. Well worth the price and time. Andrew is so talented and fun not only did he teach us glass blowing but shared great advise as far as restaurants & things to do in Manchester. His personality is perfect for teaching and making it an unforgettable experience! Molly his assistant was great too. Highly recommend be sure to call ahead and book so you don't miss out on this experience!

Visited October 2013

new york
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Awesome! Best thing to do in Manchester”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were greeted warmly by Andrew and he was a lot of fun. We made a bowl and a pint glass. The experience was great, Andrew is a fantastic and very entertaining glass maker. If I knew it was going to be so much fun, I would have booked the 2 hour class. Well worth a visit, make this a definite stop.

Visited September 2013
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is a must do!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We went to Manchester Hot Glass on our family vacation to Vermont and had a wonderful time! Our 8 year-old made a very cool paperweight, our 12 year-old made a bowl and my husband and I made vases. Andrew is awesome with adults and kids alike -- he even gave us restaurant suggestions! He is an excellent teacher and an amazing artist!! We love the pieces we made and loved our experience even more!

Visited August 2013
Wilton, Connecticut
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My 19 year old daughter and I took the 2 hour class on a recent trip to VT. We wondered in one day when Andrew was teaching another class and were completely fascinated! We had such a great experience that we were telling everyone we saw about it.

Andrew warns you about his sense of humor, so buyer beware. My daughter and I found him amusing. He is a very good teacher, clear about instructions. We did a lot of things, and with his help they came out great. Because you are working with hot glass, you have to pay attention and for safety reasons, he has to stay on top of what you are doing. Even when I made the same mistake a second time with one of the tools, he corrected me with humor and a smile.

Molly, his assistant was very friendly and sweet. Without their guidance throughout the entire process, we would not be able to display our work. I recommend the class to anyone with an interest, unless they are easily insulted.

Visited July 2013
Margate City, New Jersey, United States
“A Fantasy with training wheels!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My sisters and I had always wanted to try our hand at glassblowing. We are fairly creative people who have dabbled in various art forms, but glass was always a fantasy...always seeming way beyond us. We found Manchester Hot Glass online and planned our four day trip around our class. We were each able to make four pieces that looked pretty awesome. Andrew and Molly held our hands and talked us through each step of the way so that we always felt safe and were able to produce great pieces, but also stood back so that we could work on our own and mess up just a bit to feel like we were actually making glass on our own! It was a terrific experience--wonderful for anyone looking for anything just a little bit different and creative -- and affordable for the experience and the pieces you walk away with.

Visited July 2013