“Fantastic Experience”

Manchester Hot Glass
Ranked #3 of 19 Shopping in Manchester
More attraction details
Owner description: Manchester Hot Glass is a glass blowing studio & gallery in Manchester, Vermont. Check out our popular Glassblowing 101 class and learn the craft yourself!Having read a few not so hot reviews I would like to add that Glass making is not a slow process. We work with HOT Glass and to do so you need to keep moving. I dont rush people, I work at a pace that is nessassary to make quality glass.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Andrew Weill, the proprietor and glass-blowing guru at Manchester Hot Glass, will provide you with one of the most unique and memorable experiences of your life. Creating something is always special, but designing an item from hot glass yields a work of art that you will treasure forever. If you don't want to design something yourself, there are plenty of professionally-made pieces that you'll be excited to bring home. Manchester Hot Glass is the best attraction in Manchester!

All reviews
"master craftsman"
"year olds"
"cool stuff"
in 2 reviews
"friends and family members"
"two hours"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Andrew and Molly gave us an AMAZING introduction to glass blowing and how much fun (and work) it truly is. They are artists (and Andrew is a part time standup comedian...ba-dum!). Best thing we did in Manchester. Thank you, thank you!!!!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife and I spent a great morning with Andrew and Molly here. They were knowledgeable and helpful. Andrew is extremely entertaining and helped me accomplish my bucket list item of Glass Blowing. I would highly recommend this for anyone. From the looks of their facebook page, they are great with kids too.

Great time!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I’ve wanted to take a glass blowing class for a while, so when the opportunity presented itself during my vacation in Manchester I happily took advantage of it. My husband and I signed up for the two-hour glass blowing class with Andrew and Molly, and it was a memorable and fun experience. I found Andrew to be very accommodating, and like most of the reviewers on this site I thought him to be enjoyable and knowledgeable about his craft. He was serious when it came to safety, as he should be when amateurs are playing with molten glass, but he was also there to have a good time and make sure that we had a good time as well. Meanwhile, Molly was thoroughly sweet and incredibly helpful. They provided a very good balance to one another’s instructional style. This was a great experience, and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I'm a jaded New Yorker that spent three hours with Andy at Manchester Hot Glass while my partner and family skiied Stratton. I chose warmth and something to show for it at the end of the day over freezing and a likely fracture. I was not sorry. Andy is a great guy, very patient and to explain the glass blowing process. This is serious stuff, the molten glass is stunningly hot - you even feel it through an asbestos glove. Andy was very careful to remind me of the safety rules which I repeatedly would forget.

By days end I made (with a lot of help from Andy) a large blue and orange bowl (about 2 quart size) a tall green vase, a clear drinking glass, several beautiful heavy paperweights, and a "lemon reamer". I had never blown glass before so I think it went well.

I noticed several complaints from parents about their children's experience. I would question the opinion of someone that would allow their kids to play with a 2000 degree F substance.

As an adult looking for an alternative to skiing it was money well spent and I would definitely go back next year.

1  Thank mggiuseffi