“Unkind to children, rude and unoriginal”

Manchester Hot Glass
Ranked #3 of 18 Shopping in Manchester
More attraction details
Owner description: Manchester Hot Glass is a glass blowing studio & gallery in Manchester, Vermont. Check out our popular Glassblowing 101 class and learn the craft yourself!Having read a few not so hot reviews I would like to add that Glass making is not a slow process. We work with HOT Glass and to do so you need to keep moving. I dont rush people, I work at a pace that is nessassary to make quality glass.
Stamford, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Unkind to children, rude and unoriginal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Because he was running late, the owner seemed to rush my children through their project. He was incredibly unkind to one of my boys, and his shtick was not funny. The pieces for sale looked stale and dated to me. Pass.

Visited January 2013
5 Thank Patty T

Glastonbury, Connecticut, United States
“Great Fun for Kids and Adults of All Ages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

A great time for everyone in the family. My kids (13 and 7) loved learning glass making, and made fantastic paperweights. My wife convinced me to do the blown glass part - I made a fabulous pint glass. We loved Andrew and his sense of humor, and he was great with the kids. We plan on coming back for an extended session next time we are in Manchester Vermont to do a complete set of pint/drink glasses. Fantastic time, and really looking forward to coming back.

Visited December 2012
Elk Horn, Iowa
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Learn something new AND beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

If you have a sense of humor and love creating beautiful objects, make your reservation! Andrew keeps things moving right along safely and with just the right amount of silliness and before you know it, you have created several beautiful glass items. Looking forward to returning to make even more!

Visited December 2012
Santa Monica, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Manchester Hot Glass Rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I've already wanted to make my own paperweight and I was so happy we found this place. Andrew is so much fun, and made us feel right at home. He's great with the kids (mine are 5 and 9)! Next time, we'll have to do a "real" class to make vases and bowls. Can't wait! Highly recommend!!!

Visited November 2012
ASHBURNHAM
“It doesn't get any better ....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

In September 2012, my wife (66 yo) and I (67 yo) visited Manchester Hot Glass to participate in the 2-hr class offered there. Having done some similar glass work at another studio in Illinois, we thought that owner Andrew's website description of 4 pieces per person in 2 hrs was overly optimistic, but we were wrong! In that short period of time, we each completed 2 paperweights, a glass and a bowl, just as advertised, and all very professional-looking. In the process, we felt that we had taken our glassmaking experience to an entirely new level. Andrew is a skilled and knowledgeable artisan, and a great teacher, and his instructional assistant, Molly is herself a little treasure! Our overall impression of the class: Fantastic!

On a separate note, my wife and I have both worked with college students for over 35 years. Perhaps because of this, we found Andrew to be very witty, with an edgy, droll sense of humor, which is perhaps one of the reasons that we enjoyed his class so much. Other reviewers seem to have found his manner, rude, sarcastic, and insensitive, but we suspect that these reviewers may just be unfamiliar with Yankee humor. We have no reservations about bringing our son's and daughter's families (including 4 pre-teen girls) to Manchester for another enjoyable session in glassmaking!

Visited September 2012