“We love Depot Cafe”

Ranked #26 of 59 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Pizza, Turkish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: This is a wonderful Turkish Restaurant located in a furniture store called Depot 62 in Manchester, VT. It is awesome. It is our favorite in Manchester.
Seattle
“We love Depot Cafe”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The food is organic and delicious...we have been going for years and never tire of this simple and wonderful menu. Stand outs are the Lamb Pizza, Arugula Salad, Wild Salmon and the Hummus and Leeks...all wonderfully prepared year after year...in fact it is the first place we go to as soon as we get to Manchester...we all look at each other and say "Depot tonight Yum" We also love that it is in a beautiful furniture and rug store filled with wonderful things to look at!

Visited July 2013

Norwich, Vermont
“Turkish Delight”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Looking for dining opportunities in Manchester, Vermont and stumbled on Depot Cafe. Light disappearing from the sky, a warm glow drew us in from behind a rather nondescript larger main street building. Interesting decor, the restaurant is inside a furniture store and the showroom is actually the dining room... actually some pretty interesting pieces on the furniture side...
Turkish food, delicious! In a hurry so we ordered a wild mushroom flat bread and a really nice glass of white wine. Perfect crust, rich and woodsy mushrooms, caramelized onions. More time I def. would have sampled the Konya Kebab or some of the lamb dishes cooked in an "ancient mesopotamian clay pot". Baklava for the road.... best Baklava in forever. Would love to go back and slowly savor... what a great hidden gem in Manchester Vermont.

Chicago, Illinois
“Bland menu, rude service & blinding sun”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was excited to test this place out when it was recommended by a bartender in Ludlow, VT. Good restaurants in this area are few and far between and I really wanted to love this place. Problem is, I really hated it.

The menu is small, though there are quite a few pizzas, which is what I ended up ordering, and it was average at best. I also ordered an iced tea, which tasted funny. I had my friend taste it and she agreed. When I told the server, she acted very dubious - like the problem was me, not the iced tea. Okay, whatever, maybe it was me, but now I think your service is bad, too.

My friend ordered salmon with a mesclun salad. It was not a salad - just lettuce - even though there is an actual mesclun salad on the menu that says it comes with tomatoes. When my friend said the menu should have said she would just be getting lettuce, the server got even ruder and said "I didn't write the menu."

Last but not least, if you get there when the sun is going down, there are only two tables where you aren't going to be blinded. There were no shades to pull down.

Like I said, I wanted to like this place, but was just annoyed and regretful when I left. While the setting is kind of cool - in a furniture store - the food and service were not. Your money is better spent elsewhere.

Newington, Ct
“inside a furniture store”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

we only went because TripAdvisor recommended it... not a mistake; it was an experience; while our order was being filled, we wondered through the furniture dept; that's a first! Also a first, was the lamb pizza...delicious.

Visited August 2013
Ringwood
“Best pizza in Vermont”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Depot Cafe is a must stop for me and my family on our trips through Vermont. The restaurant is owned by a Turkish family that actually sells upscale and somewhat middle Eastern furniture from the same store. There are tables for 4 or you can opt for the long table and share the time with other guests. We go there for the pizza (my favorite is the mushroom. it is truly outrageous). It is by far the best thin crust pizza in the state. On our last visit I spoke with Chris Kimball, the host of Cook's Country ( a PBS how to show). This is a funky setting where you plant yourself into unusual chairs and have the opportunity to eat some really great pizza. There are other food choices but try the mushroom pizza. You will not be disappointed.