“Fresh fresh, fresh!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I am in love with Mexican restaurants who make fresh everything and Gringo Jacks did not disappoint. The guac, chips, queso and tortillas rocked. The menu had BBQ choices too but we did not have that, we all had tacos. I heard the margarita was also excellent. The place is very cute on the inside too, but we ate on the sidewalk tables because the weather was awesome.

1  Thank Ychick11

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I have a gluten allergy and always find Mexican food to be a nice back up and I was craving a nacho platter. That being said I was disappointed to find that the tortilla chips were a combination of flour and corn tortillas and all fried together. This typically is not a problem and I can adapt but I was disappointed that the bartender's attitude was " sorry, you can't have those." end of story- no suggestions. I got the black bean soup which was tasty and about my only option. My husband had the nacho chips and thought they were overly greasy but the chicken wings were delicious. We only stayed for apps. Maybe we caught them on an off day.

2  Thank Peggy C
Reviewed June 8, 2014

OK I'll admit I asked our server for recommendations and opted not to order those and chose another barbeque plate (brisket & pulled pork) it was just average and no more. We started with the shrimp appetizer that was listed as spicy, but in fact it was nuclear, way to hot (spicy) and it ruined the dish. In fact, my mouth was still burning after finishing the entree. On the bright side my better half's burger was reported as being excellent, their homemade chips & salsa were terrific, and my Bud Light Lime was only $2.00.

Would I go back? In a word, No, at least not for dinner, I might be enticed for beer, salsa and chips, but there are many other options in the neighborhood.

2  Thank mrclean111
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We sat outside and had great service, but the food was not fresh, kinda bland, and really seemed to have sat around for a while before being served to us. For example, the cornbread served with the rib dinner was hard as a golfball.

3  Thank Brad945
Reviewed June 3, 2014

great patio, great service, excellent food, and we ate all the chips - not your garden variety for sure with very fresh salsa. Margarita's were half-price, too! definitely worth a visit.

2  Thank Brock58