“Great, fresh Mexican food.”
Review of Gringo Jack's

Gringo Jack's
Ranked #18 of 61 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2012

They needed more help. One waitress for 10 tables was not enough, although she was very good. The margaritas were delicious as well as the food. The corn salad side was a nice change to the traditional rice and beans.

1  Thank realtorlmh
There are newer reviews for Gringo Jack's

Reviewed November 5, 2012

When it comes to Mexican food I have to admit Im spoiled from living in Calif. for 28 years...The Mexican food here on the East Coast where I live now is prepared differently. This food is good, very nice atmosphere and good quality. I would still like to see a mexican resturant serve there dishes like the west coast though.....I did enjoy my meal...They do offer ribs, but they should have been cooked longer and cut for you before serving. They are hard to eat. I also believe the food needs to come out of any kitchen piping hot and bubbly, this did not.....Its is a good place to eat though....

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We arrived on a Friday around 7:30pm and were seated in the dining room. Why is this weird you ask? well, we were the only ones in the dining room. It was totally empty. Now the bar area was hopping. I still don't know why we weren't seated over there. I guess they thought more people might trickle in?

Server was super friendly and helpful. He suggested a few items. We loved the food except it was a bit too spicy for my wimpy hubby :-) Their stuff tends to be overall on the spicier side so ask if you're not into it. The chips are highly addictive. The bean appetizer was huge, get it to share. I had the smoked pork taco with pineapple salsa - very good! Hubby had a chimichanga that he liked (once we got him some sour cream to help with the spice).

Overall, we liked the place, just wished we had been seated with the others. Oh, no one else showed up, we had the room to ourselves!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Went to the place on a Friday night at 5. I've only ever sat outside on previous trips and had margaritas and apps. Our waitress was so incredibly rude (old and cranky), like this was the last place on earth she'd rather be. I mean seriously why waitress if you DON'T LIKE PEOPLE! Drinks took forever, she forgot things and the prices were outrageous (in a bad way). Do not go here.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We're visiting Manchester for our anniversary and were looking for a gluten free/friendly place to eat. Gringo Jacks popped up on every site we searched.

Right from the 1st we knew this place was special.

Our server, Jenn, couldn't have been more helpful, friendly,and just an all around nice person.

The food was fantastic, the portions large and very reasonably priced.

If it's any indication of how much we liked it we went back the next day for lunch.

Well worth a stop when you're in this beautiful part of Vermont