Econo Lodge
Weathervane Motel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$120
Palmer House(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$119
Four Winds Country Motel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$89
Manchester View(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$99
The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$152
The INN at Willow Pond(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$207
$139
Olympia Lodge(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$110
Wilburton Inn(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$161
The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$186
Hotels.com
The Stamford Motel & Restaurant(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$84
All reviewsmanchester centerbromley mountainconvenient locationclean roomsnew englandmotelshireskivermontrates
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We paid over $100 a night to stay in a dirty room with a bathroom door that didn't even close all the way. The husband and wife that own the motel seemed overwhelmed and while he was atleast friendly she was extremely rude. There were bugs on the bathroom walls and the toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. This place could really use some help and it is not at all worth the money to stay there.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank DriggsTraveler
Gary P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This Econo Lodge evidently was a previous motel that was acquired by Econo Lodge. You can tell that some refurbishing has been done but a little more is needed. However, the room was very clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. All-in-all for the price, a good value.

Room Tip: The King room nearest the lobby actually was very quiet but is not very handy to unload. Staff will help you though.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the kind comments. We try hard to please our guests and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please come visit us again!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I recently stayed in the Econo Lodge Manchester VT for one night on a business trip. I was impressed with the reasonable rates, cleanliness, recently remodeled rooms and friendliness of the staff. It also has a very convenient location with lots of good restaurants nearby and it's a short drive to downtown Manchester. I would chose to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Gary P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Econo Lodge Manchester Ctr. Vermont
(802) 362-3333

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This review is long overdue.

This past March, I went up to Stratton for a couple of days of snowboarding. I drove up from NYC early Saturday morning and hit the slopes at Stratton at around 1pm. I took it easy figuring I would have a full day tomorrow. My understanding wife knows I love snowboarding and was kind enough to let me go snowboarding for a couple of days even though we have a one month old baby at home.

I checked in late at the Econo Lodge and took a shower looking forward to the first night of quiet sleep in a month. When I stepped out of the shower, I noticed a used towel hanging behind the door. Figuring the cleaning lady must have overlooked this, I didn’t think much of it and went to bed looking forward to hitting the slopes first thing in the morning.

Throughout the night I faded in and out of sleep scratching my thighs until it became unbearable. I quickly jumped out of bed and saw red marks all over both legs. Freaked out, I lifted my bed sheets and immediately discovered what I suspected was a bed bug -- see attached picture.

After I confirmed it was indeed a bed bug by comparing images online, I called the front desk. The manager on duty came to my room and insisted there were no bed bugs until I showed him the bed bug I had captured. We proceeded to look through all the bed sheets. After expressing how angry I was, especially if I were to bring this home to my wife and newborn, he accused me of bringing the bed bug with me. I was livid. I gave him an earful and demanded my money back. He reluctantly agreed. I proceeded to carefully pack everything into a trash bag to minimize the chance of bringing the bed bugs back home with me. When I went to the front desk to get my money back, he had the audacity to withhold $20 as a "cleaning charge". When I called him out, he quickly backpedaled and refunded me the entire amount.

Exhausted from a lack of sleep, I headed backed to NYC at around 3AM.

Having traveled to many places in the world and at times staying in questionable accommodations (a hut in the Amazons and a sleeper on overnight trains to small cities throughout China), this is my first encounter with bed bugs.

Needless to say, I would never stay here again and urge you to stay away from this place.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 14.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank kdiao
Gary P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Mr. Kdiao

On behalf of Econolodge Manchester Center please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay. We appreciate your concerns and would like to thank you for bringing them to our attention. Mr. Kdiao at the time of this incident you came to me and asked to change the room and we told you that we were sold out and did not have any rooms for you to change to. After I gave you a full refund for your stay and asked you to vacate the room. You also wanted to stay even thou you had problems with the room, you have also told me that if I did not let you stay you will Wright a bad review and place a bad comment on the web. Mr. Kdiao form the time you were checking in you wanted to pay less then what the our regular price was and because it was late at night I acuminated you and then you still made false accusation regarding my property.
Whether you are traveling on business or pleasure, we know you have a variety of hotels to choose from. We strive to provide you a room that is clean and comfortable, with friendly attentive service at a value conscious price. Which is why at any time you have a suggestion on how to improve our service to you we take that opportunity to listen.
We strive to ensure our guests experience the best stay possible during their travels and your feedback is truly valuable to us.
We appreciate you sparing your time and bringing this matter to our attention. We sincerely offer our apologies and hope that you will have no further cause for any complaint in the future.
Management & Staff

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here for one night recently. The property is freshly painted and appears to be partly remodeled. The lobby is attractive and well lit and contains tables and chairs for breakfast and a couch for lounging. Our room, #2, was just off the lobby and had a recently redone bathroom with granite counter and attractive faucets for sink and shower/bath. The bedroom had dark furniture, one small window, and a dark carpet and was, well, dark. However the king bed was new and comfortable and the flat screen TV worked just fine. I was not able to get reliable cell phone service at the hotel, a problem in parts of rural Vermont. This hotel is located on the east side of State Route 7; most of the rest of Manchester is located on the west side of State Route 7 about a mile away. There are several attractive looking restaurants very close to the hotel however. We did not try the breakfast (included).

Room Tip: Rooms 1-6 are just off the lobby and are convenient to the parking lot as well.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple