All reviews tennis courts hole golf course fishing pond outdoor pool continental breakfast nine hole pitch and putt ye olde tavern motel style two sinks shuffle board large counter coffee cake walking distance bathroom area beautiful grounds king suite
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night in this newly renovated Inn/motel. The room was very spacious and clean. The owners did a fabulous job to update the rooms. There were plenty of plugs for our chargers,etc. Loved the marble tile in the bathroom! Breakfast was simple and adequate. The coffee was good, as well as the coffee cakes. It was truly a nice place to stay and the staff was friendly.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Alan G, General Manager at Palmer House, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2018

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our property.

We are pleased that you like our newly renovated rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon

Reviewed May 31, 2018

Lovely resort in beautiful Manchester Vermont. We stayed in the motel section of the resort. The room was simple, spacious and comfortable beds. My little girl loved the amenities - pool, tennis courts, fishing pond and golf all on the property. I wished I had more time to enjoy the resort and you can walk to shops and restaurants. The staff were very kind and helpful. Definitely a place to come back too!

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Alan G, Manager at Palmer House, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Thanks Maggie for taking time to write such a nice review of our property.

We hope you have more time in the future to enjoy everything we have to offer.

We look forard to welcoming you again

Reviewed May 26, 2018

The area served us well as there were points of interest to both me & my wife. We share some of the same likes so it was interesting to both.
Located in the middle of Manchester most everything was in walking distance.

Room Tip: All single level in the main section, for a significant upcharge there are what appear to be small town houses separate from the main hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple

Thanks James for taking time to write a review of our property.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again

Reviewed May 8, 2018

Our experience was great ! From the front desk, amazing people to the cleaning staff ! The room was clean, big, quiet and comfortable. There were outside chairs so we could sit right outside the door and enjoy the sun and read. We would go back in a heartbeat !

Stayed: May 2018

Thank you for writing such a nice review of our property.

We are glad you enjoyed the quit beauty of Manchester.

We look forward to welcoming you again

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a very special weekend - a girls-only "babymoon" with my sister and my niece, before I have a child this spring. I chose the place based on the pool.

We went to the pool. The pool was green. A man swimming said he thought that it was a different cleaning chemical than chlorine - something more natural. So pregnant me and my 6 year old niece went in. We left within one minute as a clump of hair the size of my leg started moving down the pool.

I immediately reported this to the front desk. They let me know the hot tub had been shut down the night before because of green water. I said that the pool needed to be as well. The front desk called me later to let me know that they found the giant hair clump, weren't sure how it got there, and that the manager was being messaged with a request to call me in the morning, and that they'd be doing something to make it up to me.

After an uncomfortable night in an outdated, musty room of questionable cleanliness (I found candy wrappers around my bed, behind the nightstand - not from us) we checked out at 7 am. The new front desk person was surprised to hear my complaint and noted there was no note left/nothing about closing the pool for the day.

I paid about $170 for a ruined babymoon and never got a call. Oh, and guess who is most susceptible​ to recreational water illness (google it, the CDC has a published warning against green pools)? Children and pregnant women.

Avoid at ALL COSTS. You'd be better off sleeping in your car.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank MeaganS255
Alan G, General Manager at Palmer House, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Dear Meagan,

I apologize for your bad experience at our property.

I can assure you that our pool chemicals are checked daily and measure in complete compliance with safety standards.

The green tint to the pool is caused by water stabilizer and our hard water and is completely safe. We are actively working to remedy this issue.

Please let me know the dates you stayed so I can speak to the desk clerks who worked during your stay.

I was never contacted and want to apologize for any problems you encountered. I will also speak to housekeeping concerning your room. We take cleanliness very seriously and we regularly have above average scores on our housekeeping.

Once again we apologize for any inconvenience.