“Fabulous Vacation”

Palmer House
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Palmer House Resort in Manchester Vt., was just fabulous!!! We just stayed 4 nights in the The luxurious suites. The rooms were immaculate and very comfortable. Terrific accomodations!! The staff were so friendly, I really enjoyed talking with Ruth. She was so pleasant. The grounds are pristine and the outdoor pool was delightful. We played golf there too. Manicured greeens. So glad to see Wendell. We have been here many times and we will return. Thank you Palmer House for a wonderful relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jackie G
Tina F, Front Office Manager at Palmer House, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Palmer House. I apologize for the delay in our responding to you. It appears we no longer are getting notification from TripAdvisor when they come in...so I guess I got a bit spoiled! We are always happy to hear from our repeat guests and are very pleased when our staff goes over and beyond....which is easy to do with guests like you! We strive to keep up with the excellent standards you expect and extremely happy when you let us know we're doing it. We look forward to your return.
Tina

Reviewed July 17, 2012

One of the best values in Manchester. Palmer House has a wonderful reputation for service, convenience to town and a welcoming atmosphere. We had a great time a the Palmer House. For me the best feature is the fountain and close walk to the town park. Wonderful.

1  Thank ReneR208

Thank you for your response of July 17. Please forgive the terrible delay in writing back to you...I just realized we are not being notified by Tripadvisor like we used to. It was delightful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the fountain and town location! I love the pond with fountain too and incidentally, we have a few more fishing poles to choose from when you come again! Thank you for all the nice compliments!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We rented 1 room and 1 suite for family to stay while we were in Vermont for my father's funeral. The accomodations could not have been more cozy and comforting, The 2 room/2 bath suite above the office was great. I was concerned about possible noise from below but it was minimal.

Wow, this place was actually a full apartment where we were able to have little meals at the full dining table. We could relax in the living area with full sofa and comfy chair.
The bedrooms were larger than the ones I had at home. We appreciated each room having our own bath en suite. The only problem with this room is that the access is up some pretty steep stairs. My 90 year old mother only had to climb MT Everest (as we teased) her 3X with my husband and I right beside and behind her for safety. (Another room was offered but we chose to keep this lovely place.) I did not see the other room but got the report from my brother that it was great.

Tina, who took my reservation and was at the front desk, was very caring and conscientious about trying to accomodate our needs during an already difficult time.

I would not hesitate to stay at the Palmer House on my next return to the Manchester area.

We did not use any of the amenities of the resort other than lodging so I can not comment about the rest of the facility.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Hello and thank you for taking the time to send in a review of the Palmer House. I apologize for the tardiness of this response as we are no longer getting notices from TripAdvisor when people write in and I'm just realizing that fact! But I was very pleased to hear you felt comforted because I am the same Tina you mentioned in your comment! (And I did worry about your mom on the stairs!) We will be delighted to have you and your family back, so return to us soon!
Very Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We drove into Manchester without any reservations and decided to stay at the Palmer House after the front desk person went out of her way to offer us the best accomodation choice for four persons (two adults & two teenagers). The room #61 was located in an older house on the street side. We were pleasantly surprised at hour nice and well equipped the room was. This was actually the handicapped accessible room that came with a living room, two queen beds and a large bathroom.

We paid US$175, which is a pretty good value for four persons, when compared to other properties in the area. We never felt crowded in the room and really enjoyed our two day stay with them. Their property is large and included a small golf course, tennis court, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, small nature trail and pond. To top it off, they offer all the sporting equipment that you need to play around at no additional cost.

A continental breakfast was offered at $2.50 each. We never took them up on this offer, but at this price it's probably the best value in all of Manchester.

The hotel is located only a few minutes from town and the entire property is very clean and well kept. At the time of our visit the flowers were in full bloom and only added to our delightful stay.

I highly recommend this place and would definitely stay here upon my return.

1  Thank Bouloys

Hello and thank you for such a delightful (and lengthy) review! It was wonderful of you to take the time to be so thorough. I apologize in responding so late, we no longer are being notified of a Tripadvisor review so I was a bit spoiled before! However, it was good to hear that our staff went so out of their way, as is usually the case. I like room 61 also because of it's spaciousness as well as the screened-in porch! I hope you were able to take advantage of all of our ammenities offered on the grounds. And if not, then we hope you will upon your next stay! Thank you again and all the best.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Palmer House is in a lovely setting with well-maintained buildings and grounds. There is an indoor lap pool and small fitness room, as well as an outdoor pool. The continental breakfast is just right. The staff is very friendly and willing to talk about the hotel and the area. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy L

Thank you for taking the time to review the Palmer House. I apologize for the late response but Tripadvisor is no longer advising us when a review comes in so I was a bit spoiled before! Being part of the staff, I thank you for the comment on our friendliness and I'm delighted to hear you plan on returning! It is, agreeably, a lovely property, one which the entire staff works hard at. We all will look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very well maintainted classic Vermont motor inn. The rooms and grounds are perfect. Morning contential breakfast was convient and was the the Ye Old Tavern that is on the property. Had dinner there and it was good fare. Shopping is nearby.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CTTraveller441

Thank you so much for taking the time to send a review. Please forgive the tardy response, we have not been receiving notification from Tripadvisor as we have in the past. I'm very happy to hear you appreciated our well manicured property as well as the clean rooms. Our continental breakfast has proven just enough for the guest on the go and in particular, I was happy you could take advantage of the closeness of the Ye Olde Tavern to be able to walk to very fine dining! We do hope you will come stay with us again.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We were looking last minute lodging for the night and, never having been to Manchester, we were very pleased to find a reasonable accomodation that was spotless, spacious, convenient and helpful, professional staff. The bed was very comfortable and A+ for clealiness. I prechecked the room and lifted the mattress. We had no idea there were so many amenties when we checked in about 7pm on a Thursday night. Left early the next am for MA. There was an ample continental breakfast for $2.50 on the honor system. We were in a hurry to get on our way to a destination so it suited our needs perfectly. There are certainly plenty of restaurants in the area for a substantial breakfast. Ye Old Tavern was one of 3 recommendations for dinner and we were extremely pleased with the ambiance, the food and wine. We had delicious lobster dinners. Our Room #11 was closer to the road and were advised it might be a little noisy from the traffic. To the contrary, it was very quiet! We would return if in the area.

Room Tip: This is a motel environment with amenities and there are two older homes to the front which have roo...