“Absolute perfection”

Ranked #3 of 12 Manchester B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 2, 2006

Stayed at various Inns in the New England area, and hands down,
Inn at Ormsby Hill was top notch. What a beautiful Inn with so much
attention to every detail. Stayed in the Tower and it was awesome!
Had a magnificient breakfast with other nice couples and really enjoyed
the Innkeepers and their staff. Have no earthly idea what those negative
comments are all about, they obviously didn't stay where I stayed.
I am extremely picky about where I stay on vacation, Ormsby Hill is ABSOLUTE PERFECTION!
Go see for yourself.

4  Thank scudder5
There are newer reviews for The Inn at Ormsby Hill

Reviewed May 31, 2006

Rip Off. Don't bother staying here. They charged us a seventy...yes 70 dollar processing fee
for cancelling a reservation they held for us for a total of 36 hours, for a date more than three weeks in advance. So many of the reviews are bad about this place and they all have to do with their over the top rules and coldness. Based on the way they do buisness and don't care, I don't know why anyone would choose them when there are so many nicer places and nicer people in manchester. Try the Equinox instead

Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank tbram
Reviewed May 29, 2006

The Inn at Ormsby Hill has to be the most over-rate inn I have ever stayed in. While I will say the grounds are very nice and the view is beautiful it pretty much ends there.

The rooms are OK at best and by no means are they 4 star rooms. The furniture is worn (yes, I know antiques don't look "new" but the furniture here looks worn even for antiques) and the wood work is in dire need of repainting. The bathroom was FAR from plush. It was more "commercial" with the small tiles on the floor like you would find in the bathroom at the mall and a standard laminate vanity. No marble in this place.

We were not allowed to use the fireplace because they were all off for the season and we were not allowed to control our own air-conditioning since they controlled it in the office. While we probably would not have turned the fireplace on since it was so warm during the day it would have been nice to be able to do it at night since it did get chili.

While breakfast was good the fact that you need to set your own place setting takes away from it. When was the last time you were at a 4 star restaurant and had to get your own silverware and napkins? If you want coffee they will refill your mug, but you have to get it yourself to begin with. Water and juice are all you.... they don't refill those for you. And yes, just like others have said don't put your glass on the table. The innkeepers do get upset about it.

Afternoon snacks were also lacking. A handful of dry crackers in a bowl (no cheese or spreads) and a pitcher of iced tea was all they put out. Nothing like the spreads of sweets and fruit I have had in other 4 star inns.

Compared to other 4 star inns I have stayed in it seems like the money you spend to stay there is not being re-invested into the inn. If someone told me it was a 2.5 or 3 star place (with rates half of what they are) I think I might have been more OK with what I got, but I can't say I will go back. For the same amount per night there are much nicer inns to stay at.

• Stayed: May 2006
7  Thank RyanC1076
Reviewed April 22, 2006

I got this weekend as a getaway for myself and my husband and we enjoyed every minute of it. The inn was wonderful - rooms were spectacular - everything on the website is even better in person. We had the Ethan Allan room which even afforded us our own entrance and deck (even though it rained the entire weekend). Breakfast was plentiful and absolutely delicious. I didn't see any evidence of rude behavior, etc., as written by previous reviewers - perhaps the innkeepers just keep their distance from the guests to afford them the privacy they came to the inn for to begin with! We totally enjoyed ourselves.
PS: we had breakfast both mornings with a wonderful group of people - there is nothing scary or unusual about meeting new people and striking up conversations with them - perhaps if certain people wanted that much privacy they should camp out instead of going to a b&b!

• Stayed: April 2006