We stayed over X-mas weekend. Hotel is attractive and well-maintained, and most of the staff -- especially the younger ones -- were pleasant. Pool area was also quite nice. But, the rooms were noisy, sparsely furnished (e.g., our room had one easy chair for two people, no closet and only a small armoire), and very plain.
The biggest problem was dining -- the food was mediocre and expensive; the staff was mostly brusque; the service slow; and lunch was unattainable without reservations -- which we were told would not be needed. The town was mostly factory outlets -- good for bargains but not much in the way of charm. The high point was a long, self-guided hike in the conservation area adjacent to the hotel. Perfect for 50 - somethings. We and our friends all felt the place was way over-priced and none of us plans to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting under the shadow of Vermont's Green Mountains on 1,300 acres in the quaint village of Manchester, The Equinox, A Luxury Collection Golf Resort & Spa awaits your discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Equinox Resort And Spa
- The Equinox Hotel Manchester
- Equinox a Luxury Collection Hotel
- Equinox a Luxury Collection Resort