“enjoyable”

GreenLeadersGold level
new york
“enjoyable”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed for long weekend in july for a family re-union had starwood points and i gave my house to my family. They offer very large rooms, huge bathrooms or I could say enormous in comparison to others in town. The staff was quite nice and very helpful - enjoyed the spa and golfing. The chop house was very good not excellent and breakfast one day was good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
Great Meadows, New Jersey
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Just stayed for 4 nights. Food and Beverage excellent ( try the shrimp and grits for breakfast and the lamb in Marsh Tavern for dinner). Spa and pool outstanding. Played golf with my son on their course, did a little fly fishing on their pond (the Battenkill was blown out due to recent rains), and the view of Mt. Equinox behind the hotel can't be beat. Excellent service everywhere. Will definitely be going back again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank johndP2018XF
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We decided we wanted a long weekend trip away from NYC that wasn't a plane ride away, and had heard great things about The Equinox. We thought being part of the SPG program was an added plus, although as a Platinum member I received no extra perks which was a little disappointing. The hotel in general just needs a big renovation..everything looks a little tired and old, and even the room, we looked at the walls and it looked completely crooked. It's trying to be luxury, but has quite a ways to go. The restaurants are supposed to be amazing, and honestly, they fell short in every which way and were really expensive for what it was! You can't charge $52 for "Lamb Porterhouse" (which was more than the actual steak) and bring out 2 tiny pieces of Lamb Loin Chops that are usually 1/16th of the price.

I will say though that the service of the concierge was INCREDIBLE. Everyone there was so knowledgeable about the area and was so nice and willing to help you with whatever you needed. The one perk of this hotel is it's location/affiliation to many different outdoor activities. We did the Land Rover Experience, went clay shooting at Orvis, as well as went hiking on one of the trails. Those experiences were completely great and I highly recommend them..but unfortunately were not part of the actual hotel. If they would just update the rooms and interior of the hotel I think it would definitely help since the grounds are beautiful. Unfortunately though, I didn't find anything to be particularly special about it so I won't be running back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MarkONeillGM, Manager at The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Kerri,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review about your most recent stay here at our resort. I was so glad to hear about the INCREDIBLE service that you received from our concierge team! They are truly curators of Manchester Village and everything that the Green Mountains have to offer for activities and entertainment. I am truly sorry that our restaurant did not meet your expectations, however. If you ever decide to visit our area again, please let us know so that our concierge can direct you to any of the great restaurants in our area for you to explore and enjoy!

Warm Regards,
New Canaan CT
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My family has been coming here for the last eight years, my daughter competes at the Vermont Summer Festival, and we come here for the comfort of knowing that we'll be treated as an honored guest. The staff is wonderful, from the moment you arrive, check in, and get to your room, they are friendly, courteous and helpful. This years stay there, something was off with the A/C and the engineer arrived in minutes to fix the problem. The restaurants are incredible and room service is very accommodating. We tried a B&B a few years ago, checked in and checked out within the hour, and luckily there were rooms at the Equinox! Guess we're spoiled!

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard facing room.
Green Features: Very aware of being green, from the gardens to the food to the laundry.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mturano
SUNSHINE COAST AUSTRALIA
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We spent one night, and although my husband is SPG platinum I don't think we got any upgrade. Our room certainly was only average. The furniture looked tired and miss matched. The bathroom was small and dark - needs more bright lighting. Our view was of a driveway and trees. We had dinner in the 'pub' restaurant as their steakhouse restaurant was supposedly booked out. Service was slow and the meals overcooked.
On arrival the young porter who carried our luggage to the room while my husband parked the car was excellent - shame the rest of the stay didn't match his friendly happy service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
MarkONeillGM, Manager at The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Rojaan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review regarding your most recent stay here at our resort. I am so sorry that your guest room and dinner in our Marsh Tavern did not meet your expectations and that we were not able to offer you an upgrade upon arrival. That was truly not our intention. Our property only has 10 suites available and although we would like to offer our guests our best rooms complimentary, they are usually booked well in advance and unavailable for complimentary upgrades. I am, however, glad to hear that your bellman at check-in provided an exceptional welcome upon your arrival. We are proud to have staff on our team that go above and beyond to welcome our guests. Please visit again soon and let me know when you do so that we can make sure that your next stay is perfect!!

Warm Regards,
New York
Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is my fourth trip to the Equinox and I am a proud Starwood member. I have to say I really love this resort it is truly a special place. The staff are all wonderful and very friendly. Myself and my mom were on the fourth floor had a lovely room view of mountains and the fire pit. The room was ready when we got In which was about 2 hours before check in. The room was both clean and nicely appointed. The safe in our room didn't work at first but a very kind man fixed it and we were left a jar of chocolates for the inconvenience which was a very nice gesture. The pool area is always nice and clean and has gorgeous mountain views. There is also a very nice relaxation room within in the spa/pool area which my mom and I made much use of. We had dinner at the Marsh Tavern and the burgers were very good and our waiter Scott (?)who has been our waiter in the past was excellent as usual. The desk staff, bell hops, the man who was filling in at the gift shop were all wonderful and are a true asset to the hotel. The gift shop is lovely and just lounging outside on the patio furniture which faces the breath taking mountain views is very relaxing. The property is truly beautiful and it's fun just to roam around. I highly recommend having breakfast in the Colenade room it is absolutely wonderful. Also every night when we returned to our room the beds were turned down and we got Hershey kisses; now that's service! Also I find the room service here to be very reasonably priced. I ordered a turkey sandwhich with chips and it was delicious.

Only issue with the stay we had were the beds. Both me and my mom woke up with back pain every morning. The beds were just way way too soft and I just want to mention I've never had that issue here before. Besides that the stay and accommodations were perfect. Oh I would just make one suggestion to housekeeping and that would be to make sure shampoos ect are refilled. No one wants to come back from swimming to find the shampoo wasn't replenished.

Now I did have a pretty big issue with reservations that I have to add unfourtantly as it almost made me want to call off the trip. I had called a couple weeks prior to arrival to double check my rate as I could have sworn I was told on the phone a slightly less rate than what was showing on my reservation. My reservation confirmed two queen beds for 173.00. Now of course I could be wrong about it but I just wanted to call to be sure, no harm in that right? Well when I called the woman sounded annoyed while I was very nice about it and told me in a rather snotty and condescending tone that I actually should have been charged more! She claimed the two queen room I had is 193.00 a night not the 173.00 I was being charged and that I got an upgrade. She claimed I should only have one bed not the two I was booked for. I was somewhat annoyed when she said that because I was never told I was getting an upgrade of any sorts upon booking but I let it go and just said hmmm ok that's odd (referring to the alleged upgrade) and left it at that. I did get a bad vibe upon hanging up. I decided to call again a couple days prior to arrival to request a higher floor and that's when I was told my reservation was changed from two queen beds to just one bed. I asked why as I have never had a reservation changed before and that's when I was told it was changed to keep me within my rate. Huh? Geeez I wonder how that happened? I find it very very strange that I had my two queen beds booked and confirmed and now all the sudden I have the type of room the snotty woman in reservations claimed I should have a week prior even though my reservation clearly stated two queens and I already put down my deposit. I was also never once notified that my reservation was changed, it was changed without my knowledge and I am going to leave it at that. I'm just so happy I called about that higher floor request as I could just imagine getting there after traveling all that way with my disabled mother to find out we only had one bed. Who wants to deal with that? What if no other two queens were available? With that said I have to say the woman I spoke to in reservations who fixed this mess was very kind as was the reservations manager. They are truly the type of staff this place is all about; kind and helpful. I was switched back to my rightfully booked room and they even made sure my high floor request was fulfilled.

I would recommend the Equinox as it is a truly charming unique gem. My mom and I are already looking forwards to stay next year. Thank you for another fantastic stay!

Room Tip: I would request a high floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank J C
glenmont
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the townhouse section of this old hotel. Loved the convenient parking and private patio right near the spa and pool. We took advantage of a discount package through Living Social so our stay was very affordable. All staff that we encountered very friendly and knowledgable.

Room Tip: We've stayed in both the main building and this "townhouse". The main hotel rooms and...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple