“Simple Elegance”

The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is a very elegant; but not ostentatious hotel. The rooms are beautifully appointed, and spotless. It has a very quaint, comfortable feel - even with it's elegance. The grounds are lovely and the service is top notch. It is wonderful for families and couples. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the Townhouses, which was very quiet and private.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
MarkONeillGM, Manager at The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Deidrek63,

Thank you very much for sharing your trip with us. I am so glad to hear that you had a great time and that our property was to your liking. Our grounds crew work tirelessly to ensure that we are always ready for guests. We are excited for the flowers to bloom this spring. We look forward to you returning in the future.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We booked the Equinox for a mid-week relaxing getaway. We originally only booked two nights but about a week before our arrival we received a 50% off promotion if we wanted to add another night so we did. Our room was very nice (332) large and a nice comfy king sized bed. The bathroom was nice but as previously mentioned the shower tiles are in desperate need of re-grouting! The lighting was also dim in the bathroom which made putting on makeup a challenge. The safe in the nightstand is virtually useless as you can't put anything other than flat items in, (no camera etc). After we saw our room we decided not to use the valet parking as our room was closer to the parking lot then the front.

The spa was very nice but $$$$!!! A pedicure was $85 and facial $175. Nice but definitely not worth that price!! The spirit of vermont spa treatment was fantastic and that was worth the $200 as it was almost a 2 hour treatment. The spa facilities were nice and relaxing and the showers were fantastic.

Marsh House restaurant was great for breakfast and dinner and the dinner service was fantastic. The maple salmon was a beautifully presented dinner but it was cooked way too rare for our tastes. Make sure you ask about this if it's an issue for you! The coq au vin on the other hand was delicious and the homemade ice cream for dessert finished it perfectly.

The chophouse restaurant was also very good with everything served a la carte. We ordered filet with sauce choices and 3 sides. All very tasty. We did think the wine bottles were way overpriced with some bottles at 200%+ markup!!

The Falcon bar was nice and Frank the bartender was quirky and awesome! He made fantastic drinks and had great stories to share. He also knows everything about everything and will get you brochures, advise day activities etc. The outdoor area is beautiful with the firepit and lighted trees and would be even better in the summer with the doors all open.

Overall we were happy with our stay and would definitely visit again!

1  Thank account4fun
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Everyone at The Equinox provided excellent service and made us feel like we were royalty! From the beginning, Concierge Richard Hom helped us to plan a wonderful weekend get-away and gave us excellent suggestions. He told us about the Resort's shuttle service around the town and we did use it when we went out to dinner. Josh was our driver that night and he was friendly and a good driver. When I was shopping in the hotel store, the sales lady gave me the inside scoop about how they have fresh cider doughnuts for sale in the morning. I made it a point to get their early to buy them hot. They were the absolute best doughnuts I have ever tasted in my life! So much so that I plan to find ways to pass through Manchester Village whenever possible in order to get more! (I live about 2-1/2 hours away!). I have been told that Shelly Francis makes those wonderful doughnuts. Our breakfast on Sunday morning was delicious! The wait staff and omelet chef were great. We did the Range Rover Driving Experience. My husband had a great time driving over ice-covered terrain but I was a white-knuckle passenger in the back! He assured me that it wasn't nearly as scary as it may have seemed from the back seat :-) We would love to return in the summer. We highly recommend The Equinox!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I were there for a convention. We had a large beautiful comfortable clean safe room. Staff is excellent and the ambiance suburb. The convention rate made it affordable for us. But there were some things that could have made is better. Lacking were:
1. No refrigerator in room. (The desk said they would send one when one became available but we never got one.) Why doesn't every room have one?
2. No coffee in room.
3. Clock with wrong time on night stand could not be reset to correct time.
4. No HD on TV.
5. Unable to send out email in their WiFi.
6. No ice on our floor.

Room Tip: You might ask for a room with no steps in the hall. Lugging things up 2 sets of stairs in the same h...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
MarkONeillGM, Manager at The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Ralph M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback.
I am so very happy that your room was to your liking and that you found the staff to be excellent.
We work very hard to provide each guest with a wonderful visit and I am glad we could help make that happen. I see you did mention that you had some concerns regarding offerings here at the resort and I have already passed on your comments to the relevant departments so that we can review all areas of the hotel.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Thanks to a last minute Groupon we enjoyed a Friday night at The Equinox. Our room in the main hotel was beautiful and the bed super comfortable. The room was very large and the bathroom and shower beautiful. We enjoyed the outdoor hot tub and the pool area took my breath away. For dinner we ate in the tavern and Very much enjoyed our meal. Everyone was very nice. We would love to return for the right price!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

The company that I work with has used this hotel for a couple of events in the past year. The rooms are charming and the beds are very comfy! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The whole experience was top notch.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Pat4126
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed midweek at the Equinox for the VITC annual conference. My first experience and it was wonderful. The staff was great, from front desk to housekeeping to the bartenders to the sales staff. I was fortunate to sit at a table during the Farm-to-Table dinner with Jessica Palmer and Toni Gross from your sales staff. Very pleasant to chat with. And Kenny Valenzuela, Catering Manager was available and attentive throughout the conference. I didn't use the spa or pool, but I did walk through the area and it looks lovely. The outdoor fire pit bar area was awesome! The room was very nice, comfortable bedding, spacious and well appointed. A great stay for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: I had a corner King superior room. Well worth the extra cost!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business