“Relaxing weekend”

GreenLeadersGold level
Middle Grove
“Relaxing weekend”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I were given a weekend away at The Equinox as a gift from our daughter. We had never stayed there before and fell in love with the cozy, inviting, and warm atmosphere. We loved the comfortable couches around the fireplaces and the warm and friendly service by all staff members. We will definitely come back again and again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
nashua,nh
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We've stayed here a few times & it's always outstanding. The place is quite pricey $300+ per night. Their in house restaurants(Marsh Tavern/Chop house are excellent, though again pricey) The Spa was a great place to relax with an outdoor Jacuzzi(a little small) & a large indoor pool. Great for the cold weekend. The only minor issues were..Pillows! I requested foam & got down which were way too soft. I'll take the blame, weras I should have called roomservice & gotten foam. The sink drained slowly, which I let them know about at checkout time(really minor issue)Also it's best not to be situated near outdoor exits as the doors tend to slam if it's windy. One beef I have & it's nothing to do with the hotel, are IDIOT parents allowing their brats to run around like banshees! This is a highend resort NOT a $50 motel. If you can't keep you rugrats in check, either don't HAVEany or learn how to be a parent. I would've had my face smacked clear off if I behaved that way as a child. No, it's not because I'm older, it's because parents don't seem to care whether their little bastards are causing problems for the other guests. There I've said what plenty have wanted to say!! We do plan on going back probably late spring for another couples getaway.

Room Tip: Probably stay away from exit doors to the outside,as they tend to slam shut. Probably request "...
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My Mom, daughter and I spent four relaxing days at the Equinox. Our rooms faced the beautiful mountains and spa. They're very spacious! We enjoyed a delicious steak dinner at The Chop House in the hotel as well as full breakfasts in their Marsh Restaurant (amazing pancakes, bacon and sausage)
The location is perfect for venturing out to other fabulous restaurants in the area as well. Lots of great shopping and Hildene (Lincoln's family Home) is right down the street - highly recommended. The staff at the Equinox is exceptional. Claudio who assisted my elderly Mom and helped us with our car most days was gracious and kind. We were greeted with smiles everywhere we went in the Hotel. The highlight was spending a full day at the Spa. It was perfect. The Spa is very clean and the indoor pool is beautiful. I had Susan for a massage and it was the best massage I've ever had. The effects have been lasting. I can't wait to go back this summer and bring my husband to play golf while I go back to the Spa! It was quiet in the Hotel and in Manchester during what they call "Mud Week" and it's a great time to visit - not too many families or tourists.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Mountains and Spa are absolutely picturesque.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank BeanersFairfield
Madison, New Jersey
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed here for just 1 night.

Room was a corner room. Believe it was categorized as a "superior" double, Lots of windows which let in plenty of light and a beautiful mountain view. Everything was clean even though we found 2 beetles by the curtains and window.

The staff we encountered was nice and professional.

We ate at Marsh Tavern and food was good. We were worried about negatives reviews concerning food but it was fine for a quick bite to eat.

In the morning we had a message from director of operations welcoming us to hotel and to remind us that hotel is old and there are thin walls and to make sure children aren't running in the halls. Considering our toddler was in bed sleeping at 7:30pm, I know this wasn't specifically directed to us. It was unnecessary!

Overall the Equinox was nice but considering with taxes and fees our room rate was close to $400/night, I don't think this hotel is worth that high of a price.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank viajeelmundo
MarkONeillGM, General Manager at The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Good afternoon and thank you for taking the time to post your review! Thank you for your consideration of others in our historic building, and I hope your little one had the chance to enjoy all the Resort has to offer. I look forward to your next visit with us in Vermont!
New Jersey
Reviewed March 5, 2014

As I have reviewed this wonderful resort in the past and always given the highest rating of 5 Stars, this year I am giving only 4 Stars. Don't get me wrong it is still a GREAT resort and ranks as one of our favorites. However, this particular trip caused disappointment due to the fact that there was no musical entertainment on the property at all. This was extremely surprising to us since we were there this past weekend in the midst of ski season! We have visited this resort for years and have always enjoyed the wonderful musicians in the Falcon Bar on property. When we went to the bar after dinner for some dancing and celebration (our son had just proposed to his girlfriend prior to dinner) we were shocked to find no entertainment. When my husband brought this to the attention of management on duty we were told that they only have music offered for holiday weeks during the winter ski season. Apparently our trip this year was a week or two later than usual. We had booked 5 rooms for the entire family & we were all disappointed. Management kindly offered to transport us to another venue a few miles away that had music, but we declined. One of the reasons we continue to return year after year is due to the fact that we never had to leave the resort for anything other than skiing!
That disappointment aside, everything else was perfect as usual. As I stated this resort has everything you could possibly need. Dining for lunch and dinner in the Marsh Tavern is superb! The menu offers an excellent range of choices and all 13 of us raved over our meals (by the way, they were all presented at the same time!) Breakfast each morning is offered in a very elegant dining room with huge windows with very nice views of the property. An added touch is they have a little stuffed animal for each child, a small touch that goes a long way!
We reserved 4 deluxe rooms along with 1 suite. The suite was Rm 301 and it was extremely spacious for our daughter, son-in-law and 16 month old twins. All 5 rooms and common areas were extremely clean.
The staff is excellent! From housekeeping to bellmen to front desk, dining staff, spa staff, etc, everyone we encountered was friendly and professional. Special thanks to Samantha in Reservations & Pat in the breakfast room and so many others whose names escape me.
I highly recommend the Equinox as it truly is a one of a kind resort that appeals to all ages. Remember, if you are looking to relax and listen to live entertainment in the evening be sure to ask ahead of time!

Room Tip: If traveling with young children, a suite is well worth the extra money. This resort is also dog fr...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you're a renaissance man and interested in taking a step back in time then Manchester, VT is your destination. We stayed at the Equinox Resort...a resort that had not only plush amenities but a staff that was a complete joy from the second we handed over our car keys to the valet, to the front desk, bell man, room service, spa attendants, and concierge. I'm a platinum member with starwood and was upgraded to a suite in the Orvis Inn...the room was huge....living room, dining room, full kitchen, and very large master bedroom....I will say the bathroom was small and unappealing but who goes on vacation to stay in the bathroom? I highly recommend this hotel however I do not beleive it is worth over $300 a night even in peak season. There are a number of great activities offered at the hotel and around the hotel both winter and summer...we will be going back!

Room Tip: Shoot for the Orvis Inn Suite if you can...it sleeps 4 and you have a full kitchen and dining area i...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank xxhtrxx
Waitsfield, Vermont
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Using our Starwoord points, we enjoyed an overnight stay at the Equinox. Everything was just wonderful, from the moment of arrival and being greeted immediately by the bell staff to finishing our stay with a great breakfast! The service is excellent. All are friendly and genuine. Our room was quiet, clean, and comfortable. Dinner at The Marsh Tavern was delicious! We will be back!