As I have reviewed this wonderful resort in the past and always given the highest rating of 5 Stars, this year I am giving only 4 Stars. Don't get me wrong it is still a GREAT resort and ranks as one of our favorites. However, this particular trip caused disappointment due to the fact that there was no musical entertainment on the property at all. This was extremely surprising to us since we were there this past weekend in the midst of ski season! We have visited this resort for years and have always enjoyed the wonderful musicians in the Falcon Bar on property. When we went to the bar after dinner for some dancing and celebration (our son had just proposed to his girlfriend prior to dinner) we were shocked to find no entertainment. When my husband brought this to the attention of management on duty we were told that they only have music offered for holiday weeks during the winter ski season. Apparently our trip this year was a week or two later than usual. We had booked 5 rooms for the entire family & we were all disappointed. Management kindly offered to transport us to another venue a few miles away that had music, but we declined. One of the reasons we continue to return year after year is due to the fact that we never had to leave the resort for anything other than skiing!
That disappointment aside, everything else was perfect as usual. As I stated this resort has everything you could possibly need. Dining for lunch and dinner in the Marsh Tavern is superb! The menu offers an excellent range of choices and all 13 of us raved over our meals (by the way, they were all presented at the same time!) Breakfast each morning is offered in a very elegant dining room with huge windows with very nice views of the property. An added touch is they have a little stuffed animal for each child, a small touch that goes a long way!
We reserved 4 deluxe rooms along with 1 suite. The suite was Rm 301 and it was extremely spacious for our daughter, son-in-law and 16 month old twins. All 5 rooms and common areas were extremely clean.
The staff is excellent! From housekeeping to bellmen to front desk, dining staff, spa staff, etc, everyone we encountered was friendly and professional. Special thanks to Samantha in Reservations & Pat in the breakfast room and so many others whose names escape me.
I highly recommend the Equinox as it truly is a one of a kind resort that appeals to all ages. Remember, if you are looking to relax and listen to live entertainment in the evening be sure to ask ahead of time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting under the shadow of Vermont's Green Mountains on 1,300 acres in the quaint village of Manchester, The Equinox, A Luxury Collection Golf Resort & Spa awaits your discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Equinox Resort And Spa
- The Equinox Hotel Manchester
- Equinox a Luxury Collection Hotel
- Equinox a Luxury Collection Resort