I stayed at the Equinox from January 6-8 with my mother and sister for a spa getaway. From the moment we pulled up to the hotel, the service was impeccable. The valet staff was incredibly polite and accommodating. Big thanks to Jeremiah who not only took care of our car and luggage, but also chauffeured us around town when it was time to hit the martini bar. He was polite and made for delightful company on our rides back and forth to the hotel.
The Falcon Bar was fantastic - another thanks to the bartender, I think his name is Russ, though I can't be sure thanks to the delicious cocktails he served up. The rest of the bar and restaurant staff were also extremely delightful, especially Jon who delivered homemade ice cream directly to our room, bedside.
Now onto the not so great. If I could have given The Equinox a 4.5, I would have. but the staff was so wonderful that I decided to go with a 5. The first floor of the hotel was pretty cold. We found it to be chilly even next to the large fireplaces. The same was true in the spa. While the services were wonderful, I do wish it would have been a bit cozier in the lounge. However, considering this was an extremely old building, despite renovations, one must expect some draftiness.
Lastly, as some of you may note, sleep quality rated low for our visit. When it came to peaceful slumbering, The Equinox was lacking. This was not because the beds were uncomfortable, but because of the ghost that clearly lives above room 330. It sounded like someone was bouncing a ball directly above us at random times throughout the night. It was very disconcerting.
So, to conclude, great staff! As for the spirits, specters, ghouls and ghosts, well.....that may not appeal to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting under the shadow of Vermont's Green Mountains on 1,300 acres in the quaint village of Manchester, The Equinox, A Luxury Collection Golf Resort & Spa awaits your discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Equinox Resort And Spa
- The Equinox Hotel Manchester
- Equinox a Luxury Collection Hotel
- Equinox a Luxury Collection Resort