“Weeklong Stay for our Daughter's Wedding”

The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed at the Equinox for a full week, getting ready for our Daughter's wedding. The staff was incredibly kind, helpful, and so friendly. They helped us find dinner reservations, explore horseback riding events, fun shopping adventures in the town Manchester, etc., etc. This was one of the most lovely destinations we have ever enjoyed. Fall on the East coast is a must for everyone who loves to travel!

Room Tip: As for a room that overlooks the mountains and the beautiful grounds. It is worth seeing every morni...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel stands alone when you are driving through the quaint village feel of old Vermont in Manchester. Although the hotel boasts everything you could possibly imagine the room was not very large and did not have a coffee/tea maker or any extras you might expect in this price range. Our room was $259/night and then when we got the bill there was an additional hotel fee daily of $10. We are yet to find out what that fee was for as we did not notice it until we left. When you arrive to the hotel it is confusing on getting out of your car to go check in and leave your car. There are a lot of people around to seemingly help out but cars are parked all over the place and it is a tight fit. Then before we have even checked in someone is unloading our vehicle. It was a little much at the time. The hotel is very big and very confusing to get around. The elevators are located at strange places and you are never sure if you are heading in the right direction to get an elevator. The meeting rooms for a conference are also hard to find and there are many stairs. I thought I'd be fine but my knee replacement was not holding up too well by the end. I'm sure when the weather is nicer there are shortcuts to use outside where there are ramps to get up and down but the place is so big we got lost several times.

The breakfast that is included with the conference was less than expected for the price. There was only bacon and eggs and some bagels. No fruit. No yogurt. Not many choice on all 3 days. The fruit did come out at break time but because we had no breakfast we were starving by then.

Over all I did hear of other people staying down the road and they were just as happy with more offered for less money. Because the room is small the head of the bed is against the hallway wall and it is noisy if you are a light sleeper your head is right by the door which is not insulated. There is also no lamp that is dim enough to read so that you don't keep your spouse up.

Room Tip: make sure to get a room easy to get to the conference room if you have trouble walking at all
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed at The Equinox for the weekend on my birthday with our dog (a Chesapeake bay retriever). From the moment we arrived, the staff welcomed us and the dog warmly. Every time the doorman saw the dog, he had treats for him. The resort and grounds were impeccably maintained. The room was spacious and comfortable. The wine bar had a great selection and the cheeses and chocolates were fantastic. The 4 hour spa package we had made for a great day. The service at The Chop House restaurant was excellent, although the food was only slightly better than average. We would definitely visit this property again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We have stayed at the Equinox several times over the years and it always gets better and better. Friendly and attentive staff, casual elegance, wonderful setting. We hiked the trails on Mt. Equinox for the first time and were swept away by the views. Manchester has great shopping of course and two first class restaurants, The Silver Fork and Chanteclair. Leave your fancy clothes at home, dress casually and have fun.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the mountain.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
MarkONeillGM, General Manager at The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Good afternoon and thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post your review! I’m thrilled to hear you had the opportunity to explore the Preserve right at our back door and experience our attentive ambassadors who will do anything to make your stay perfect. Thank you again, and I look forward to your next visit to Manchester Village

Reviewed November 7, 2013

we had a fantastic time even thou some of the sites were closed, nice hotel nice people,great chef,n great service except for the massages they really didn't have a clue how and even ask for gratitude not sooo nice .but all in all great time..yeah!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I went to The Equinox with my sister and two friends for Girl's Weekend and we had a blast! Our room was beautiful and overlooked the courtyard. The spa was very inviting and relaxing. We especially enjoyed the Falcon Bar and the fire pit. I would return in a heartbeat, maybe with my husband next time for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
MarkONeillGM, General Manager at The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Good evening and thank you for taking the time to write. I agree that our spa is amazing and the Falcon Bar and fire Pit are the perfect way to end the day. I look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I recently came back from a short trip to the Equinox with my wife and friends having won SPG moments auction packages did that gave us the opportunity to sample some of the activities that make the resort a wonderful destination. Some of the activities that were excellent included the Land Rover experience and Manchester Hot Glass blowing. We also were able to sample all of the restaurants which were very good with the Chop House chef’s food being the most outstanding. I think that having gotten a taste of Vermont and the Equinox resort, it’s likely that return visits are in the future (based upon my budget of course). In the process, I also realized that I need to try and visit the resort during different times in the year so that I can partake of activities such as falconry, fly fishing, and skiing that were actually the activities I would have chosen over those I actually partook. Can’t wait to bring my boys as well after dispelling the notion that it wasn’t a family friendly resort (my friends that came along are lucky I found this out after I decided to leave my kids home this trip).

What really elevated my opinion of the hotel was the staff which was extremely friendly and helpful, and perhaps most importantly genuine. The valet and staff was readily available to drive us to nearby destinations at a moment’s notice always with complimentary service in nice vehicles (of course it’s always nice to tip), the concierges went out of their way to be helpful, the front desk was friendly and restaurant staff was also attentive. I actually arrived at the hotel with negative expectations, but was very surprisingly turned around due to a nearly flawless trip.

The Equinox is not the most updated of hotels, but recent renovations to my basic deluxe rooms made them very comfortable and adequate in all regards. I had the pleasure during the stay to appreciate some of the history and background behind the historic resort that many guests might not be aware of. This information was garnered through the General Manager Mr. Oneill and Gerry the Director of Sales and marketing. It is likely through their guidance and watchful eyes that the staff and hotel runs as efficiently as it does. Every time I turned around, Gerry was somewhere making sure everything was running smoothly. It’s been a long time since I have felt the need to write a thorough review of a hotel experience, but the atmosphere and vibe from the staff makes me appreciate this resorts well deserved inclusion in the Luxury Collection.

Room Tip: Both my rooms were good, facing the mountain or the court yard, so no idea what would be a bad room.
1  Thank crazywudsl

It was a pleasure to meet you last week, and it is wonderful to see your detailed feedback, especially with your busy schedule. I am thrilled you had a wonderful time, and I look forward to your next visit to Manchester Village!