From the moment you arrive at the Equinox you feel surrounded by the charming history of the building itself - with ancient Vermont marble stairs and the original white house and green shutters. It is a grand and inviting place. Your very special vacation begins as soon as you are greeted at the entrance by the wonderful staff who makes sure your every need is met throughout your stay.
The interior has been transformed into a modern oasis but still maintaining the old world charm of the original place. The rooms are beautifully and perfectly appointed to a very high luxury standard, and you are tempted to stay put there and enjoy the relaxation of it all. However, the common areas areas are all ones you and your family want to spend time in too. Big stone fireplaces, the cozy Falconer Bar with local bluegrass bands playing, excellent restaurants to choose from and a sweet gift shop. The spa, pool and hot tub are all in a gorgeous colonial neoclassical building with big picture windows and not to be missed. Snow shoeing is also a must!
Your day begins with one of the best buffet breakfasts I and my family have ever had. Everything delicious you can imagine with local specialties all topped off with hot maple syrup from a big samovar! You are perfectly located in Manchester, VT to enjoy many different activities. We have only been there for ski vacations and you have many downhill and nordic ski options all nearby. We always take a day off the slooes to see Hildene House, A Lincoln family home, and our very favorite The Northshire Bookshop where we have spent hours perusing the many floors of books - there are gifts and a wonderful cafe too. One special treat on our last visit was the Dorset Farmers' Market (indoors) -- I love farmers' markets and this is one of my favorites -- live music, artisans and wonderful local produce. You really feel like you are experiencing real Vermont there!
We can't wait for our next trip into this special New England paradise known as the Equinox!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting under the shadow of Vermont's Green Mountains on 1,300 acres in the quaint village of Manchester, The Equinox, A Luxury Collection Golf Resort & Spa awaits your discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Equinox Resort And Spa
- The Equinox Hotel Manchester
- Equinox a Luxury Collection Hotel
- Equinox a Luxury Collection Resort