“Comfortable and convenient” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Comfortable and convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

We just returned from a three night stay at the equinox. Everything was great..the cider doughnuts at breakfast were particularly delicious. Service was very accommodating. One complaint which other guests were talking about was a bad smell in the lobby ( like a decomposing mouse), it was pretty intense and no one seemed to be dealing ith it. We had a great stay and will definitely be back, but I do hope the hire an exterminator first.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
Culver City, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

I was really looking forward to stay at The Equinox, and i was very disappointed. The hotel isn't the most stroller/toddler friendly hotel I've ever been too, to get to certain in areas with a stroller i actually had to walk outside and around the the whole building to get to where i needed to go just to avoid the stairs.

The showers were very dirty and needed a very good scrub down. My bed didnt have a fitted sheet on it just a flat sheet that didnt even cover the whole mattress

The pool was freezing and is filled with saltwater, the baby eyes were red the rest of trip after being in the pool. The floor by the was very slippery when wet, which is an accident waiting to happen.

The food was pretty good. and the staff and were amazing! but i dont think ill ever come here

• 4 of 5 bubbles
MarkONeillGM, General Manager at The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Hello, and thank you for sharing your feedback. I am truly sorry that you did not have an exceptional experience at the Equinox. It is our goal to delight each of our guests, even the very youngest. Please accept my apologies that we were not able to fulfill this promise for you and your family.
I would very much appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your stay. Please do not hestiate to contact me directly if there is any way I can be of service now or in the future.
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Being a historic hotel it was quant and you can feel this area has history as Manchester was established in the late 1700's. Now as far as a luxury spot it definitely needs work. First off the showers are old.. There's mold on the tiles the shower head is weak and the bathroom is more like a motel atmosphere. Service was up to par. Needed milk for the baby and it was up in 5 min a microwave and fridge was also set up so this place is kid friendly. Also dog friendly. One thing that got me was I get a call from reservations asking if I would like to extend my stay at a discounted rate and they'll wave the resort fee which I passed as I needed to get back to work. Upon my departure I requested SPF gold 4pm checkout and they said were fully booked. How are they fully booked if they asked me to extend my stay left a bad taste. They even disabled my key at 12 when my baby was sleeping in the room. I guess I'm a spoiled traveler and nothing really meets up to the st Regis standard I became use to. FYI if I want to go skiing I recommend Bromley over Stratton as its empty and half the price

• Stayed December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback. I truly appreciate it, as your comments help us to focus on areas of the resort and guest experience that may need additional attention.
While I am delighted that you did enjoy the level of service, and I am shocked that the bathroom was not up to our standards or your expectations. I am truly sorry, also, that the reservation process was not clear.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss these challenges with you and learn what I can do to restore your faith in the Equinox. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the resort if you desire. Again, thank you so much for your valuable feedback.
Greenwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

This place is exactly what you want it to be. An old charming property in a bucolic setting in VT. You are walking distance from a cute town with great shopping, cafes etc. and the hotel itself has been nicely updated. We got 2 rooms on the 2nd floor, right above the Marsh Tavern. Loved the whole vibe of the place. Nice indoor pool and the spa is very well done. Snow on the ground, and cocktails by the firepit. I will definitely return.

• Stayed December 2012
newbury, NH USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

We have stayed at the Equinox Resort several times, and it is always a destination with wonderful memories. This visit was a gift from our children, to celebrate our 37th wedding anniversary. Being in December, the Equinox was beautifully decorated, and we enjoyed sitting by the fireplace. The food was incredible, we ate breakfast in the Collanade Room, and had dinner in the Chop House.As always, the service was impeccable, and we were made to feel so welcomed. We look forward to a return visit soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite on this visit--so there was a lot of room to spread out. We enjoyed the full si...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We enjoyed our 2 night stay here using starwoods points. We still had to pay a $25 resort fee daily.
The Staff are the most exceptional part of this property - they really are superb in every way.

We were upgraded to a deluxe (larger) room and were on the 3rd floor - at night we could clearly hear each footstep from the room above; luckily they kept roughly the same hours as we did.

We enjoyed a massage and the spa facilities - steam room, sauna, Jacuzzi and pool.
We took a nice yoga class, but I feel it is a bit much to charge $15 each for a group yoga class when you are already paying a resort fee.

Valet parking was terrific on a rainy day and the staff were prompt and super friendly.

We had the buffet breakfast one day and would compare it to a Hyatt breakfast buffet, very nice, but not excellent.

We enjoyed Manchester and especially recommend the Northshire bookstore and for fine dining - the Silver Fork restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for a 4th floor room if footsteps from above will bother you
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bhappy50
Litchfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

My Family has been coming here for years. Very charming and lots to do. Resort is comfortable and relaxing. Dinning and Spa are top notch. Shopping, hiking, winter sports are all close by. I've personally never been disappointed.

Room Tip: Loved the corner suite.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Kimpton Taconic Hotel
#2 of 3 in Stratton Mountain
Grafton Inn
Grafton Inn
#1 of 1 in Grafton

Been to The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!