I couldn't even get past an inquiry into making a reservation for my one year anniversary. I've never experienced a less accommodating hotel venue. I wanted to purchase a package deal and was told they had no superior rooms to honor that rate. The front desk person mentioned it would be roughly $100 extra to reserve the room at the deluxe level which I would have gladly paid. However, I went onto Expedia and saw the superior rate was listed at $199/night, so of course I thought it was now available. My mistake was calling back to ask about the discrepancy. I should have hit the submit button after I entered in my credit card information. Like Melinda at the front desk said, if I had they would have to honor it. She mentioned telling her boss so that it could be removed and fixed. I then asked if they would just honor the upgrade for the package since technically I could have bought the superior room via Expedia. Melinda then put her boss Karen on the phone who was extremely unprofessional from the start of the conversation. I felt hostility from her instantly. She didn't even introduce herself as a manager and instead just picked up and said,"Hello, this is Karen" as if I was supposed to know Karen was the manager. Anyway, that's besides the point. She went on to say that the superior room was already bought via Expedia so it was no longer available. Ummm, yes, because I informed you of the glitch and your front desk person mentioned she would have to tell you to fix it. She said Expedia takes a few minutes to refresh. Meanwhile, in that span of time the room disappeared. Even if, for argument sake, someone did buy it right then and there, my conversation with Melinda about the superior room had taken place 20-30 minutes prior. I highly doubt that Expedia takes a half hour to remove a purchased room. I kindly asked if they could just upgrade the package since they had no superior rooms and it does say complimentary upgrade under the package (of course I know that's based on availability on the day of). I just thought that because I had done the nice thing of giving them a heads up, that it wouldn't be a big deal. She then went on to reference an earlier inquiry I had made with Melinda about a certain tub they had in a photo and me wanting to perhaps bring a pet (it does say they're pet friendly so inquiring about pet rates and such isn't all that far fetched). Karen said in a very nasty and condescending voice, "My concern is that you're bringing a pet and also want a certain tub that's not available in a pet friendly room." At they point I was done. I told her I wasn't even sure if I was going to bring my dog...that was merely "an inquiry." I didn't even get to my next point regarding my flexibility on the tub because I was extremely fed up with the lack of hospitality from a so-called manager working in the hospitality industry. I work for a high-end retailer and know the meaning of customer service. Clearly, the people at the Panther Inn are lacking the basics. I can't believe I was made to feel so upset when planning something like a one year anniversary should be enjoyable. Thanks, Panther Inn for your great customer service! I will make sure to let others know about your superb hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 20 Room and Suite luxury boutique hotel located in Manchester Village. Newly renovated accommodations, marble en-suite baths, luxurious linens and robes, complimentary breakfast, parking and wi-fi. Gourmet dining experience in Southern Vermont's top-rated restaurant. An elegant vacation experience in charming Southern Vermont. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant Hotel Manchester
- The Reluctant Panther Inn And Restaurant