“Fantastic Getaway Weekend”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Fantastic Getaway Weekend”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We had a wonderful 30th Anniversary weekend at this charming small hotel. We had never been to this part of Vermont, and decided to go explore it. Based on other reviews, we thought we would try The Reluctant Panther. This was a great decision! We purchased the "Total Epicurean Package" which included two nights, a wine and cheese plate upon arrival, dinner in their restaurant, and two full breakfasts. As a part of the package, if there is an upgrade available, you are upgraded at no additional charge. We did receive an upgrade, and the room was beautiful! This is a small Inn with only 20 rooms. As far as I could tell, you will not go wrong with any of them. The room we stayed in was spotless, the bed and bedding was wonderful, and the Inn itself was very charming. The food in their restaurant was amazing. If staying in the Manchester area, I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Troy, New York
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Wonderful fall getaway. Room had great view of the mountains. Really enjoyed the dinner and the very original, tasty food in the dinning room! Breakfast was above average. The room also was just right, not more than we needed but with a nice Kcup coffee maker, chocolates, a fireplace and view of the mountains to wake up to, its hard not to enjoy this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Waterbury, Connecticut
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Me and me lady had a amazing time in Manchester and this hotel from start to finish had us impressed. The rooms were very clean the staff was personable and the location was just right. They would even bring us cookies that my girlfriend would kill before bed. Great job reluctant panther we will be back!

• Stayed February 2014
Boston
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This small hotel is fantastic. We had a lovely suite on the back of the inn that was very well appointed and quiet. The bathroom was very large, marble, nice towels and excellent shower. We had breakfast in the dining room every day (yummy) and dinner on Valentines day and it was expensive but wonderful. I would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JacquelineSmith
Avon, Connecticut
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful inn! Upon our arrival we were warmly welcomed by Chris. Chris was very kind and helpful, offering us dining and activity recommendations as this was our first time in Vermont. Chris' wonderful personality made us instantly love The Panther! She then led us to our suite, The Panther Suite, which was complimentary upgraded. The room was spacious and featured a king size bed(which was very comfortable) with fireplace as well as a sofa and coffee table. It was the marble bathroom, though, that was truly spectacular. It hosted a double glass shower and large Jacuzzi tub. The bathroom also featured a beautiful fireplace. The inn offers amenities standard of quality establishments, including deluxe robes, make up towels, and luxurious bath products( Malin and Goetz, which were so amazing I ordered my own once I returned home). They also offer homemade cookies at turn down which is a nice touch. The morning breakfasts are delicious and filling- offering a muffin course followed by your choice of entree. We were not expecting to enjoy our trip nearly as much as we did. We travel fairly frequently and were very pleased with our decision to visit Manchester and stay at The Reluctant Panther, as this was one of the better trips we have taken. We have decided to make our trip to The Panther an annual event and are eagerly awaiting our next visit!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mes04015
Arlington, Virginia, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The Reluctant Panther encapsulates everything I love about Vermont-warmth, personalized luxury, friendliness, a lack of pretension, and unparalleled hospitality. My wife and I vacationed here recently and we were totally blown away with our experience. Upon arriving, we were upgraded to a suite, just kind of "oh by the way...". With fireplaces in every room, complimentary breakfast served to us practically bedside every morning, warm chocolate chip cookies with our nightly turndown service, a bottle of wine on ice with chocolate covered strawberries on arrival, I mean, c'mon, we're getting ridiculous here! I've been fortunate to travel to and vacation in some of the nicest hotels in the world and this was probably the best all around experience that I've ever had. I should also mention that our accommodations cost me about 1/5th of what I've paid for similar experiences in some other resorts/hotels. With fireplaces roaring and a jacuzzi tub waiting after a long day skiing (yeah, we yupp'ed it up, we admit it!), I really can't imagine a better vacation. There were no negatives on this trip. Oh yeah-did I mention that they have a great restaurant and a very cool little bar too? We will be coming back.

PS- We like to ski and were able to hit up several mountains in the area. Conveniently located for winter sports if that's your thing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank crnickazy
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent 5 nights and enjoyed the accommodations, skiing, restaurants (AlDucci) and shopping (Armani Outlet) in the area. The hotel was very helpful,-- as our dogs accompanied us at the last minute. Nicole identified Caroline at the Grateful Dog. Without this help, our trip would have been ruined. The hotel is charming and sweet. First rate linens A+. Hardwood floors. A charming dining area. We would return and consider it superior to Equinox where we stayed 3 times (despite RP's lack of Spa / Pool / other resort-like amenities of the Equinox).

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SEAVisitor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Kimpton Taconic Hotel
Grafton Inn
Grafton Inn
#1 of 1 in Grafton
The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa

Been to The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!