“We loved it and will definitely be back”
Review of Wildflower Inn

Wildflower Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Lyndonville B&B and Inns
NY
“We loved it and will definitely be back”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband and I (with dog - Daisy Duke) vacationed here for three days of Kingdom Trails mountain biking and hiking. Our trip was fabulous from check in to check out. We had visited the Wildflower during previous mountain bike trips but we only had lunch and dinner on those occasions and I had always wanted to stay here. This time we physically came back for more great hospitality, great food and a lovely stay in the School House Suite.

We all enjoyed our stay, including our dog Daisy Duke. She loved her walks exploring the grounds and the vast network of trails and great outdoors. The Wildflower Inn was very accommodating and granted us extra time checking out so we could enjoy our last day of riding Kingdom Trails and allowing Daisy Duke to stay in our Suite as we were there during a heat wave and she needed to stay cool and be out of the 90 heat.

The Wildflower grounds are absolutely stunning. If your looking to get away from it all this is the place! If you love the great outdoors this is a fabulous place to escape to. I read some other reviews with a few negative comments here and there and I really felt compelled to write a recent review. Yes, we got wireless in our School House Suite which was very private and away from the main inn. I have traveled all over the world. I've stayed in a variety of places from fancy hotels, camping, RVing, B&Bs, military accommodations etc. The Wildflower is top notch.

Daisy Dukes Family

Room Tip: School House Suite
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank NYflurry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Ipswich, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We LOVE the WIldflower-- There is something for everyone- including exceptional food and service. We took the boys as babies-- we enjoyed the super fun 'camps'- and 10 years later we still come back . This very special inn gets in to your heart and creates enormously special memories. Can't wait to visit this year.

This is a family run business- with warmth and consideration to all who visit-- everyone is welcomed here-- I just hope the O'Reilly family shares their treasure forever.....

Room Tip: take a look at the web site-- all types-- all good
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank CPF1010
MA
Reviewed July 1, 2011

We had an incredible family trip! My daughter and I went for two nights. I made one huge mistake... i didn't plan a longer trip. We had such a great time! The staff was warm and very helpful!

My daughter went to the children barn and I got a much needed couple of hours of relaxation just for me. The food at Juniper's was great! we sat on the patio each night and enjoyed a beautiful sunset and great food! what more can you ask for.

We can't wait to go again... oh wait we are going next week! :)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank memobrien
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Best Inn you will find in Vermont. The rooms are full of light and have gorgeous views of the country side. The place is clean and the people that run the place are warm and ready to help you in any way they can. There is a barn with goats, a pony and a mule and you can get also get a romantic carriage ride. Free wi-fi, spacious living room and dining room area, no phones or tv. If you stay at the Wildflower Inn you have to eat at Juniper's. The restaurant's food its fantastic, all fresh and absolutely delicious. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank TheBigApple1
Ash
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We went for a romantic weekend getaway. The location is breathtaking and the rooms were fine. The local mountain biking is awesome. However, the service at the Wildflow Inn was just awful. The staff were cold and unfriendly to us and seemed homophobic. They advertise "wifi available in room." This is a complete lie. The signal was so weak, we were never able to use it. When we asked to use it in the main house, the staff were less than accommodating. Also, the Juniper Restaurant refused to give us the "anniversary special" because we are two women.

Boo! Don't stay here if you are queer or support those who are. These people are bigots.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
131 Thank geeker14
JimAtWildflowerInn, Owner at Wildflower Inn, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Wow, how do I respond to a review like this? Bigots, homophobic - far from it. We have a number of friends that are homosexual, we have many guests that are homosexual and we've employed homosexuals. So that statement is totally untrue. I have never seen any of our staff treat any guest differently because of their sexual preference.
As for the anniversary dinner, I'm not sure what this guest's experience was as it was in September and this review was posted in April. I'm not sure what the 7 month delay in this person's posting is all about.. Let me say that the "anniversary" dinner that we offered was not for the guests anniversary, but was in celebration of the inn being 25 years old. It was a fixed price menu for $25 and was available Monday-Thursday nights. Everybody and anybody could get this menu as long as it was Monday-Thursday.
As for the WIFI, yes, we did have problems with it last Fall. We are in a rural area and we had equipment issues that took weeks to resolve. It has since been fixed and we do have WIFI in all the rooms again.
I do want to make a point in saying that we do treat all guests the same. If you read our other reviews you will see that we strive to give everyone the best possible experience. It is obvious that we did not meet that goal with this guest and I just wish I had had some input when they were here, or at least immediately after their stay so I could have rectified their dissatisfaction.
Thank you, Jim O'Reilly, Innkeeper and owner since 1985.
West Burke, Vermont
Reviewed March 12, 2011

Dear Jim & The Wildflower Inn. Thank You for an amazing time! My daughter turned 8 last week and as always the pressure was on to provide her with a memorable party. Then it happened, light bulb moment! " Surprise her and four of her friends with a stay at The Wildflower Inn. " Brilliant!! A two room suite was plenty of room, not only with enough beds for all, but also a dining area for cake and munchies. Add some balloons and party favors and my work was done. The hardest decision we had to make was what to do first, sledding, skating, petting barn, snow ball fight? With so much to do, amazingly the birthday presents were not priority. The hours flew by. After dinner we found ourselves in the playroom @ the inn, all cozy on the couch, ending the day with a movie before bedtime. In the morning breakfast was served @ Juniper's and we were the first ones there. I was able to enjoy a great breakfast with the girls, no order taking, cooking, or clean up, and didn't they think they were big deals!! Then it was time for a few more runs on the hill, say our goodbyes,and meet moms for pick up. Reluctantly and a little exhausted, we packed up our things, and our memories of the amazing time we had just had, and headed home to our house, which was EXACTLY the way we left it. Brilliant!!!
thanks for making this "the best birthday ever"!

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank keepitlocal97
We were so happy to be part of the celebration, and a memory creator.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 27, 2011

As you drive up to the inn, the beautiful snowy hills surrounding you is the first greeting, and the warmth of the front desk personnel is the second. My family and I came for a quick winter get away at the Wildflower Inn. Our room was perfect for a family of four. Very large, with a view of the horses right outside. We came with another family who had a smaller room, so our room's downstairs was the perfect hang out place for four teens. We ice skated on the lit outdoor rink at night, kids sled during the day and snowshoed through the well marked forested Kingdom Trails. Included in your room is a wonderful county breakfast. Four teens can eat a lot and the inn is very generous in quantity. Cheese & crackers, hot cider and home made cookies are laid out at 3:00. I include a glass of wine and my husband his favorite micro brew and after being outdoors all morning, cookie time becomes a small soiree. There is no TV, no overly organized activities and no unhappy kids - go figure. The Wildflower is not inexpensive, but I have seen last minute and internet deals. We did eat at Junipers, the inn's restaurant a couple of evenings. I would rate our wait staff as excellent however the food was a bit off the mark for us. There is a hot tub on site, but it was not working during our stay. These things being said, If you are looking for a congenial staff who goes out of their way to assist, one of the most beautiful spots in North America, and a place where you and the family can unwide and be at peace, The Wildflower Inn is it. Like many other families we have been coming here for over fourteen years and that says it all.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank sherman220
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndonville
Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,227 reviews
Colonnade Inn
Colonnade Inn
#1 of 1 in Lyndonville

Been to Wildflower Inn? Share your experiences!