“Not bad, but not great either”

Miss Lyndonville Diner
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Lyndonville
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Not bad, but not great either”
Reviewed November 10, 2009

The atmosphere is cute, just what you would expect from a diner catering to locals in a pretty rural part of Vermont. I wanted to like it, as I spend a lot of time in that area, but there was just something "off" about everything I ate there. Not terrible, but not great. For instance, I had an egg sandwich with a sausage patty. The home fries were not quite right, and the sausage patty was disgusting. It had nothing to do with the way they cooked the sausage, but it was a bad choice for them to choose that kind of patty for a breakfast sandwich. I would definitely go back if I really needed a basic meal, but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there again. If there's a next time for me, I will order the pancakes. They looked good.

1 Thank Daisymatic

South Texas
“Down home cooking”
Reviewed October 27, 2009

This is a prime example of country cooking--hot turkey sandwich with lots of gravy, soups, hamburgers, and wonderful homemade desserts! Really good service, too!

1 Thank BBrown1053
Chicago, Illinois
“I miss all the "to do" but maybe we wee there on a bad day”
Reviewed October 16, 2009

It was OK. We had to WAIT for a table, but that was expected. They serve breakfast all day which is kind of interesting. For lunch my wife and daughter had cinnamon french toast. Sounds good, right? I suppose it would have been if it was fully cooked. They service was slow. Had to keep asking for drink refills. They make a big deal about the place, so I'm thinking we caught them on a bad day.

1 Thank Trip takker101
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fantastic local diner enjoyed by tourists and locals alike!”
Reviewed October 6, 2008

Great local diner convenient if staying in the Lyndonville or St. Johnsbury area. Large portions, fast service on diner favorites, home cooking, and very inexpensive! We greatly enjoyed our dinner meals: I had the cheeseburger and fries cooked to perfection and my companion had the baked haddock so if you want something more involved they do a great job with that as well as diner favorites. Lots of locals at nearby tables so popular local place. Accepts VISA credit cards (may be others but definitely VISA).

1 Thank sedum37