“Fantastic lunch”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fantastic lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Delicious burgers and sandwiches, friendly staff and fantastic apple crisp. An unexpected, and welcome stop in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. If you are in the area, stop at the Lyndon Freighthouse!

Visited February 2012
8 Thank Familywingerup

Boston, Massachusetts
“Double visit - i liked it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

I call this a double visit because I arrived the night before, got ice cream, and came back the next day for breakfast.
When we arrived, we drove down the street looking for a place to eat and saw all of the cars. (it was like 7:45pm). It turned out that they were closed for dinner, but everyone was getting ice cream.
We ended up eating at the Miss Lyndonville diner, down the road. But we went back for ice cream. We got there and they had just closed! But they opened back up to let us get our ice cream. They were really nice.
The next morning we went back for breakfast. Everything was great. Good food and good service. I will go back.

• Visited July 2011
8 Thank GreatExpectations01
NY NY
“Bad Overpriced Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

Me and my wife were looking for a place to eat. We were cold, wet and hungry. We got to the Freighthouse in the late afternoon. The restaurant is in an fairly old rustic building.

They told us that they did not serve dinner, and that they had very little food left.
That should have been our clue not to eat there. They told us that they did have some soup and chili left. My wife ordered a bowl of soup, and I ordered a bowl of chili.

My wife went to use the bathroom. I was waiting by the sign that said "Please wait to be seated". So I waited, and waited, and waited. Nobody seated me. There was one table full of people. There were other tables piled with food, that had not been cleaned.

I found a table that was not piled with garbage. The glass on the table was crusty with dirt. The windows were coated with soot. The windows and the tables looked like they had not been cleaned since the building was built over 100 years ago.

Both dishes were awful. They were cold. My chili was totally bland. My wife's soup was watered down, and over salted. She has high blood pressure, and could not eat the soup. Did I mention that both dishes were cold? Cold soup, and cold chili on a cold rainy day. Just what we wanted.

When we got the bill it was almost $16 for a bowl of cold chili and a bowl of cold soup. The waitress incorrectly added the $1.19 tax. She never apologized. She just stated that some of the old calculators added the numbers wrong. Gee, I guess the calculators from the 1800s do not work as well as the ones that people use today. She then went on to state that the register would add the bill correctly when we went to pay.

We did not leave any tip. The owner kept giving really nasty looks at my wife. Never before have we paid so much for bad food.

• Visited April 2011