“Outstanding - the perfect girls' weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lyndonville
The Stepping Stones Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Lyndonville B&B and Inns
Old Chelsea, Quebec, Canada
“Outstanding - the perfect girls' weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

My girlfriend and I were spending the weekend mountain biking at Kingdon Trails and we chose Stepping Stone Spa as our lodging, since we wanted a bit of a spa spin on our trip. We were not disappointed. Firstly, this place is so quaint and charming - it felt just like home. Breakfast was wonderful, not a limited continental breakfast, but a hearty healthy breakfast to get us ready for hours of mountain biking. It is situated right on the trails, so we could leave from the spa on our bikes. And as an added bonus, they let us use their kitchen, so we ended up eating in both nights and making ourselves a fabulous dinner in a professional kitchen - it was so awesome!! Quiet, clean, and very attentive staff. What more could you ask for?!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

My daughter was in school near by so I have stayed here on numerous occasions. One of my favorite places to stay when I am visiting. Beautiful setting, nice staff with wonderful spa amenities. I have tried all of the housing arrangements in the area, and this was by far the cleanest and the nicest place to stay. The management is very flexible, and having the spa just a mere couple of feet away is ideal. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013
Sherbrooke, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Simply charming!
A beautiful place with a great staff. We were there twice and loved it.
The rooms are nicely decorated, the t.v room comfortable and the breakfast room very clean.

We were there in the spring for mountain biking ; right on the kingdom trails. Wow!
In winter for skiing in Burke, a very nice mountain five minutes from the spa.

Room Tip: The large room with the large bathtub in the room ...very romantic!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Concord, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

What a great way to spend your birthday!! The staff was great and massages were heavenly!! Great breakfast and a quiet location!! Local restaurants were great. A nice play to relax with no TV!! A great getaway weekend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Longueuil, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

For my birthday, my husband and I opted for a trip in Burke to enjoy the awesome biking trails the Kingdom has to offer. We decided for the first time to stay overnight to enjoy a good night sleep as we have too very young boys that have a tendency to wake up at the wee hours in the morning.

We found that the staff was friendly, discreet and eager to make our stay a memorable one. We were able to drop off our luggage early in the day, before we hit the trails. Everything was waiting in our room upon our return and check in. Based on a quick conversation, the newly appointed manager had taken the initiative to call around to find out who would be open and who would have a reservation available on a Monday night for dinner. Therefore, she had options for us upon our return from our day of riding.

The staff is there only on regular business hours. However, we didn't lack of anything after they left and we had the place to ourselves to booth! We were shown how to work the sauna and made sure to take advantage of this during the evening. When we came down at breakfast time, we had fresh hot coffee, fresh fruit and locally fresh baked goods waiting for us.

We booked massages at the spa for the early afternoon. I came to my massage therapist with bruises, soreness, twitching fingers in one hand and loss of sensation in the fingers of the other hand. He was able to work this all out and by the end of my massage, I felt great. This had to be the best massage I've had in quite a while. Afterwards, my husband and I were show this cozy relaxing room and offered a refined selection of teas.

I used to be a concierge at high end hotels located in Santa Barbara and Beverly Hills, CA. I know a thing or two about high end service and refined spas. I assure you that the Stepping Stone Inn and Spa is far from something to be sniffed at.

It's with a little reluctance that we had to see this wonderful relaxing weekend end. We will surely come back in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredonia, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our three night stay at Stepping Stone. We found the staff to be friendly, accommodating and professional. They went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and special. The property is stunning... Check out the miles of pristine biking and hiking trails and the Chapel on the hill. The breakfast choices are healthy and yummy. The jacuzzi, showers and sauna are luxurious. We will definitely return.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel C
San francisco
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

My husband and I decided last minute on a weekend away so booked a room here last minute over memorial weekend. We came for the mountain biking in the area so thought a spa would be a great place to stay and relax after some long bike rides. The person that booked the room for us assured that we wouldn't need a massage reservation because there was always someone present. When we arrived we retrieved the keys from the mail box (at 3 pm) checkin time and saw a sign that indicated that they were closed for the day, what? We must have looked confused because a woman came out (the bookkeeper) to let us know that everyone had left for the day. She was quite helpful in booking a place to eat for the evening but looked annoyed that no one told us where our keys would be. She also assured us that someone would be around the next morning to talk to about massages. Next morning and throughout the following day we were given the runaround and told that the massages were booked for the afternoon( no idea why they weren't available before 2 o'clock though) and the the woman "working" the front desk had taken the 4 o'clock for herself. At this point we decided to cut our losses and leave early the next morning.
All in all the area was beautiful and worth the visit. The restaurants in the area are quaint with decent food and the mountain biking was excellent without being overcrowded. Next time we'll try the wildflower inn down the rode. We had dinner there one night and the food and staff were friendly and accommodating and the inn was very family oriented with a pool, playground and indoor playroom. Hopefully by then the stepping stone will be under better management and have worked on the hospitality end of the business.
Ps. Cheap uncomfortable bed and jacuzzi tub was broken too, yikes!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TwineSanfrancisco
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndonville
Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain
Colonnade Inn
Colonnade Inn
#1 of 1 in Lyndonville
Estabrook House Bed and Breakfast
Estabrook House Bed and Breakfas...
#2 of 4 in Saint Johnsbury
Fairbanks Inn
Fairbanks Inn
#2 of 2 in Saint Johnsbury

Been to The Stepping Stones Inn? Share your experiences!