“Keep going”
Review of Lynburke Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lyndonville
Lynburke Motel
Ranked #5 of 5 Lyndonville B&B and Inns
Lowell, Massachusetts
“Keep going”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The staff was very nice, The price was very high for the quality of room you get. The floors were all stained the smell was nauseating the bedding looked like its seen better days. The room looked like it has not seen a good cleaning for a long time. the walls were stained as were the curtains and the bathroom door didn't even shut. I refused to change my clothes and slept with my jacket and hood on so I wouldn't have any contact with the pillows.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jamie N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Totally stuck this past weekend with the Colanade full we had to stay here. It is beyond dated- animals allowed and stepping thru dog poop. The worst was the bathroom which I will try to upload the pics. The beds- well if I want completely exhausted I would not have gotten a minutes rest -- the worst.
No one was at the front desk till 3 pm. They left a phone number on the door that I called and a girl came out of one of the rooms. She was efficient- but the room should be a crime.
Please get a plumber and change the tub!!!

Room Tip: Try the colonade right off the exit. Its no hilton but its 100 percent cleaner. They said only one s...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 768Dee

Travelers are raving about these Lyndonville hotels

Canton, Georgia
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed at lynnburke motel for 4 days during winter storm Vulcan our stay was comfortable Monique and the staff were very nice and provided all our needs ,the room was clean the room fee was resonalble ,unlike some other hotels in the area that charged over double for the same experience 15 below last night we were toasty warm. We recommend lynnburke to our friends and will definetly be back. Thank You Monique for your hospitality see you soon. David Robinson Canton Georgia

Room Tip: Location is excellent restaurant across the street , trails. Easy access to everything
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The staff is so friendly, I was invited to dine with them. The rooms are cozy double bed rustic New England style. No it's not all top of the line but I'm not in New York city I'm in Vermont on working vacation and I wanted a local feel. Every part of this experience was perfect. Convient to food and fun. I would stay again and again. They even had divine patience with one of those terminal complainers in a room next to mine. I would have buried him in the snow out back but they catered to his every whim(he didn't deserve anything);God Bless you for making the world a better place and making me feel connected far from home. Shawn Lortie- Lansing Michigan

Room Tip: 9 was my favorite
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Portland, Maine
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Sunday afternoon I called 3 times to get a person on the phone in advance to make arrangements to have my key left for me as I would be arriving late at night.

I found my key taped to the front door of the office as promised by the innkeeper.

First impressions, opened the was meet with an overpowering scent of febreze to cover-up the smell of something. The room was cold with the thermostat set to 60F.

The room was very dated 1960's-1970's fake pine paneling walls, camp like carpets on the floor and pictures on the wall. Ceiling tiles are stained brown from roof leaks over the years.

The bathroom was an absolute nightmare, soap scum tub that was dingy brown, mold all around the shower surround caulking. The shower curtain was caked in soap scum and dirty. The walls were stained with a dingy faded linoleum floor. The toilet needed a very good scrubbing..

Just standing in that bathroom makes you feel gross..

The bed covers were dated, smelled musty like they have not been washed in eons. The sheets used to be white but have turned to grey over many washing. You can see the yellow stains on the pillows through the white pillow cases and stained mattress beneath when you pull back the cover. Sleeping on that mattress was like sleeping on the floor only breathing in nasty bodily fluid impregnated pillow must all night.

I attempted to find another hotel 20 minutes after arriving but Sunday nights the Northeast Kingdom shuts down around 9pm.

Any effort to fall asleep was resisted by the road noise of the busy intersection the motel is situated on route 5. The big rigs slowing down with jake-bakes shakes the window panes.

The only good thing about the room was the nice reading desk and dresser to place your belongings on, that's it..

First thing in the morning I checked out early, the woman at the font desk was young but incredibly nice. A gentlemen asked if everything was OK with the room when he found out I was checkout out early, I couldn't have left any sooner..

Most folks can overlook dated motels, but cleanliness is an absolute must and an epic failure at the Lynburke!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank m1dw1nt3r
Norwich, Vermont
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed one night at the Lynburke in February 2014. The room was basic and the fixtures were 2 to 3 decades in active service, but everything was clean, the heat worked, it was quiet, and the price was commensurate with the overall experience. The manager, Monique, makes great efforts to engage with customers and to make the feel both very welcome and aware of the what you're going ot get. This is a 3 star property, but the honesty of the management and commitment to find and address issues (I had none) takes it up to a four star review.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
wolfp10
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed at the LynBurke Motel in January 2014 while on business in Lyndonville. Options are limited in this part of Vermont.

My room was clean, it was made up when requested, the heat and wi-fi worked, and I had no issues checking out a day early. Nothing much else to write since this is a roadside motel. I've stayed in better hotels in my life, but wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay two nights, get the 3rd free is a nice deal.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank wolfp10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndonville
Burke Mountain Hotel & Conference Center
#4 of 4 in Saint Johnsbury
The Stepping Stones Inn
The Stepping Stones Inn
#2 of 5 in Lyndonville

Been to Lynburke Motel? Share your experiences!