“Quality Inn Run by Charming Professional Innkeepers” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at Water's Edge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ludlow
Inn at Water's Edge
Ranked #1 of 7 Ludlow B&B and Inns
Wilm,ington,DE
“Quality Inn Run by Charming Professional Innkeepers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2008

I stayed at the Inn at Water’s Edge last week while skiing at Okemo. It was my first time at the mountain and the Inn and I made the decision about the Inn through the Internet and the reviews on this site. I was delighted with the decision. To begin, the Inn presents a very attractive and welcoming image as you approach it in the little village of Plymouth on the outskirts of Ludlow. The parking was ample and convenient; the building was obviously well maintained and positioned on a small adjoining lake and Bruce welcomed me warmly. He greeted me by name, and although I was quite early and stopping just to acquaint myself with the location, he urged me to check in since the room was vacant and helped me place my luggage in the room. He gave me a detailed, unhurried tour of the facility and explained some of the background of the property. The property had been an old sheep farm and Bruce and Tina had purchased it some years ago initially only as a vacation home. In time, they moved to Vermont, converted the home and adjoining barn into the inn that it is today. The benefit of this process is that while the conversion maintained the charm of the Victorian sense of the property, it was designed with an inn in mind, so all facilities are current, in excellent repair and unlike many “charming” period inns, very spacious and creative. For example, contained in one of the public areas is a bar that Bruce and Tina imported from England. And while they incorporated many improvements, such as a paneled ceiling in one of the lounge areas that they added, the essence of the home and its details, such as the unique hardwood of the dining rooms, uncovered during the restoration, were retained. There are two small but adequate dining rooms where Tina, in her spotless and very professional kitchen presents a very delightful and surprisingly wide array of entrees each evening and serves ample breakfasts each morning. The meals were delicious, well-presented and good value. The individual room was ample, spotless, well equipped and comfortable; the gas logs were a bonus. Bruce and Tina are intelligent, engaging and highly professional innkeepers and show great pride in their operation. They were available while not intrusive and a pleasure to meet. Their description of the inn over the phone and on their web site was accurate and, especially important to me, well located for Okemo Ski Resort, whether entering the Jackson Gore (2 miles) or Okemo Main Entrance (approx 4 mi.) Finally, their inn is given an AAA rating of four diamonds and it is in the Select Registry of Distinguished Inns of North America. While I initially found these ratings to be of mild interest, it was only after questioning Bruce and Tina about the process that I learned how truly significant these distinctions are and that they have to earn them each year. In summary, I am delighted with the Inn at Water’s Edge and look forward to returning to it.

• Liked — Quality of facilities and professionalism of owneres
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank KentWilm_ington_DE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2007

We have been returning to the Inn at Water's Edge for several years. Our older daughter and her boyfriend have gone there. Her boyfriend's parents have gone there. The bottom line: Bruce and Tina run the Inn because they enjoy being innkeepers and it shows in the way they treat their guests. That's why our family and many others come back year after year.

They provide an amazing value as well. The ski and stay package (mid-week during peak season, all week early/late season) includes room, a first night welcome drink from the bar, complete breakfast (think OJ, a baked apple in turnover dough, quiche, bacon, plus serve yourself granola/cold cereal and coffee/tea), 4-course dinner (your selection from 3 entrees), and lift ticket, all for $100 per person (plus tax and gratuity)! Heck, the lift ticket alone is worth ~$66.

One previous reviewer felt "ripped off" - there's got to be a back story there. Did he change reservations from weekday to weekend? If the lift ticket was not available, it's something out of Bruce's hands. I've never seen Bruce do anything to indicate he's trying to extract extra profit from a guest.

• Liked — Bruce and Tina work hard to make you feel a welcomed guest. Very relaxed/laid back place
  • Disliked — Most rooms are a bit on the small side, but not outside the norm for ski lodging.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Red Bank
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2007

Great Place. Warm and friendly atmosphere. Food is terrific . Nice bar area with a great big pool table. Jumping in the hot tub at the end of a long day of skiing was awesome! Highly recommend you stay here!

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2007

My husband and I recently traveled to the Ludlow area and stayed at this gem of a bed and breakfast. They offered a ski and stay package that not only included breakfast but also included dinner. Plus our lift tickets were included in the price. The meals..let me just tell you that Tina is an excellent cook. Her cooking is outstanding and bet that you go away with your belt buckle unfastened from being so full. Actually both Bruce and Tina made us feel like we were right at home. Bruce had great stories and was our friendly bartender during our stay.

Our room was very spacious and the beds were cozy and comfortable. This is a great package deal. I would recommend this family, friends, and anyone looking for a wonderful get away.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
Chestertown
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2007

This inn advertised a package which included two days lift tickets at nearby ski resort for two people. After check in, we were advised the tickets were not available, and that we had been given an upgraded room instead, but still charged the full price for the package. We did not request this and not advised until after checkin and not given any other options. The alleged upgraded room was no different from any of the standard rooms, except that it had a "fireplace", which was in fact a gas stove that was unusable in that it heated the room to an unbearable temperature. The owner was extremely uncooperative and very rude. We would definitely not return and do not recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed February 2007
3 Thank AdirondackerNy
Zebulon, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2006

I can't comment on the accommodations (because I did not stay here) however the 4 course candle lit dinner was exceptional!
While planning a surprise engagement trip to Vermont, I came across the Inn at Waters Edge while looking for a romantic dinner spot - one in which I felt comfortable I could appropriately purpose to my girlfriend at and indeed it fit the bill.
After making reservations with Bruce (the owner) he told me I could arrive anytime between 6 and 7 if I preferred to have a drink at the bar before dinner. We decided to arrive around 6:15 and have a drink while talking with Bruce (the owner and bartender!) about his lovely former weekend home turned B&B. Dinner was sensational and after we finished our Cheesecake - I popped the question and she said yes! Next trip I would definitely like to stay at the Inn at Waters Edge and once again enjoy a wonderful 4 course meal!

• Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2006

I have stayed at the Inn at Water's edge every year for 3 years now. Bruce and Tina are the best hosts and make you feel like you are right at home. They have great ski and dining packages. The rooms are very spacious and quite a few rooms have a fireplace. The bed is roomy and very comfortable with soft pillows.

Tina is an outstanding cook. She whips up delicatable breakfasts and dinners. You will not go away hungry. They have a wonderful bar area with a pool table and all sorts of games to play.

My husband and I will always make a trip to stay at this great inn!

• Stayed February 2004
1 Thank Debbie4023
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludlow
The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort
#2 of 7 in Ludlow
Andrie Rose Inn
Andrie Rose Inn
#3 of 7 in Ludlow

Been to Inn at Water's Edge? Share your experiences!