“Couldn't have been a nicer experience”
Review of Echo Lake Inn

Echo Lake Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Ludlow B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Our stay at Echo Lake Inn couldn't have been better. The innkeepers and staff were so friendly and pleasant. Our dinner was a gourmet delight from beginning to end. My blueberry soup was outstanding! Breakfast was superb. Rooms were clean, cozy and quaint. The inn is located in a quiet, tranquil setting. There wasn't a thing we didn't like. We cannot wait to come again and stay longer.

1  Thank Arlene C
There are newer reviews for Echo Lake Inn

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This place is a well hidden gem; it is in a very convenient location to Okemo mountain and to a variety of other destinations. The lake nearby is nice and swimmable; service is beyond excellent; food is very good. Rooms are big and spacious. The only negative I can think of is that it may rooms facing the main road may be a bit noisy in the night, as there are fast trucks and cars driving nearby at all times.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I got married at Echo Lake Inn on July 21st 2012. Everything about the weekend was truly amazing. Everyone kept asking me if I was stressed and I kept responding I was nothing but excited and overjoyed. I knew the inn had everything under control and all I had to do was be there and enjoy this special day. For the whole weekend the inn hosted 65 of my friends and family. The inn itself is charming and full of character. It's a bit funky and rustic, but that's what we liked about it. It has so much history and gives guests a taste of a real VT country inn. Leading up to the wedding Ruxanna the wedding coordinator was great. Planning the wedding long distance it was super helpful to have a point person who quickly responded to all of my questions and helped me to finalize all of our plans. Then at our final meeting Ruxanna turned the reigns over to Laurence the innkeeper who would be our day of coordinator. How many other venues have the innkeeper there to personally oversee your wedding? He kept us on schedule and was there constantly checking in and making sure I had everything I needed. The incredible customer service and personal attention we received from all of the staff is really what made the whole experience so magical. They anticipated problems and solved them so it did not affect the day and they met any requests with a smile and quick response. Everything ran smoothly and exactly as planned.
As gusts arrived Friday afternoon, they were able to enjoy all the amenities of the inn. Many hung out by the pool, played badminton and basketball, or went canoeing out on the lake. That evening my guests were welcomed with a delicious BBQ dinner on the front lawn and the porch. It was nice to have a chance to relax and hang out with my guests in a more casual atmosphere before the more formal (but not stuffy) reception. Everyone had a blast. On Saturday while me and the wedding party got ready, the rest of the guests took advantage of activities in the local area. At some point during the day almost everyone went cliff diving (on recommendation from some of the inn staff). My one regret from the weekend is I didn't have time to join them. The ceremony itself was beautiful. I Knew I wanted a venue we could have an outdoor ceremony and being under the apple tree and by the wishing well was a gorgeous location. And the staff was happy to set up the chairs in a circle to help complete my vision and the intimate feeling I was looking to create. The cocktail hour was on the back lawn and I was wowed at how beautiful the food displays were. Chef Kevin Barnes is a true artist. And the staff made sure I had a drink on hand and plenty of apps to munch on.
Then we moved into the tent for the reception. It was decorated beautifully and really captured my idea of simple elegance. The tent holds 200 but they were able to set it up in a way that perfectly fit our small group without being cavernous or overcrowded. I have heard nothing but rave reviews about the meal. Portions were generous and the food arrived hot and delicious. No boring wedding food here. I appreciate the inn is a member of the VT Fresh Network and uses local seasonal ingredients. Everything was so well executed and I was able to dance the night away stress free and all smiles. Due to noise ordinances music in the tent has to be off by 10:30, but then we just moved the party into the stone tavern. This was a great location for an after party. We played darts and pool, listened to music, talked, and snacked on popcorn that really hit the spot after a long night of drinking and dancing. Sunday morning everyone topped off their fabulous weekend with brunch in the restaurant. Again the food was excellent and people were able to relax and soak in every last minute of the festivities. Absolutely everything that weekend went flawlessly and I wouldn't change a moment of it. I highly recommend the inn to other couples looking for a county inn for a wedding and those just looking for a relaxed and romantic getaway. I know we will be back to visit soon. Thanks to Echo Lake Inn for making this a truly magical weekend.

2  Thank Renee C
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I'm writing from the perspective of someone who was married at the Echo Lake Inn three years ago and returns every year to enjoy memories of this special place and spend some time with Laurence and the staff. For my wife and I, the ability to return to the Inn, sit out on the porch with a drink, order a delicious dinner and reminisce about our wedding is one of the highlights of the year. As you may be able to tell from the reviews, the Echo Lake Inn is more than just a hotel, something which has become more and more clear since our wedding. There's something a bit magical about the place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This year is the year of our fiftieth wedding anniversary. We decided to celebrate by having family and friends join us at the Inn the end of July. We live within and hour of the Inn and chose it after asking for proposals from several places near us. The stay for most of our party was only one night (six of us stayed two nights), and the total group was twenty-two.

I keep a daily journal and here are my comments about the Inn:

The Inn itself was a great place to stay with a very nice staff about as accommodating as would could hope for and facilities that met or exceeded expectation. The owner also met and exceeded expectations in that his final price was significantly less than he had forecast and at no point did he ask for money up front-- it was all done on a handshake. They also may have one of the most multi talented chefs in the world. The guy was a great cook, but also when Pat and I arrived one of the screen doors on our "carriage house" had been crumpled and destroyed by a former resident. The chef came and fixed it to perfection dressed in his chef whites. The owner said he was good with flowers and another staff member said he fixes dish washers as well.

It was a wonderful and special time for the family-- something that Pat and I will cherish.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We recently stayed at this charming inn two nights prior to July 4th. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The inn is close to Ludlow, Quechee, Killington and Weston. Our room was nicely decorated, very clean and comfortable. The bathroom with shower and Jacuzzi was spacious. Breakfast was very good and dinner was superb!. The staff is very nice and helpful. Lawrence and Neil are the best hosts. We will stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband and I got married at Echo Lake Inn and rented the Inn for the weekend. The food, service, location, and absolutely everything was beyond perfect and wonderful! My family and friends are in love with the Inn and want to go back to visit- and we definitely will too! The Innkeeper Laurence was amazing- as was the rest of the staff (especially Neil too- ask for him!!!)- we felt like celebrities all weekend! The front porch was the place to be too- we spent most of the weekend there with everyone we know and love. It was so perfect and I couldn't be happier about the entire experience!

Room Tip: We were given a luxury king suite which has a private entrance to the porch which was nice, and boas...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludlow
Jackson Gore Inn
506 On The River Inn
#3 of 6 in Woodstock
The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort
Castle Hill Resort And Spa

Been to Echo Lake Inn? Share your experiences!