“no rating....rip off!!!”
Review of The Pettigrew Inn

The Pettigrew Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Ludlow B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 19, 2012

it was just a mistake staying there,...windows were screwed shut,..so no fresh mountain air coming in at night,...girl that worked there couldnt or wouldnt understand english...everything was no,..or i dont know...(prob illegal)...irene made a nasty comment about new yorkers sneaking in her smelly jacuzzi to me,..being i'm from ny(& she knew it) i took offense....bad place,...i contacted B.B.B. about them.....anyway have a nice day!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
andrie, Owner at The Pettigrew Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

The Department of Energy recommends; to conserve energy exterior windows should remain closed during the heating/ski season. We follow that recommendation.
We did have a Brazilian student, legally traveling on a J1 VISA. While, English is not her first language, her responses of ‘no’ and ‘I don’t know’ indicate that she does speak and understand English. Different questions may have produced other answers.
Yes, we do keep the outdoor hot-tub locked. We ask our guests to get the key and fresh towels from us when they wish to use the hot-tub. We do so in order to prevent local youth and out-of-state renters of abutting properties from using our guest’s hot-tub (sneaking in) without our permission or consent.

There are newer reviews for The Pettigrew Inn

Reviewed February 5, 2012

I do not understand the negative reviews. We found the owners to be very pleasant and accommodating. The breakfasts were very good. Probably the best pancakes I have had in a long time.

The room was very clean.The only reason i did not give it 5 stars is that the bed was very firm. Maybe some people like firm beds. But I think that the bed would be more comfortable if they had a mattress tyopper on it. Then it would be 5 stars.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
andrie, Owner at The Pettigrew Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

We thank you for your visit and for taking the time to say some nice words about us. We try to exceed the expectation of each and every guest. Do visit us again soon!

Reviewed July 19, 2011

I have stayed at the Andrie Rose seven times now over the last few years, each time for a week in July when I have attended a class at Fletcher Farm Craft School in Ludlow. The Inn is warm and comforting place and truly a home away from home. Michael and Irene go out of their way to be excellent hosts, taking care of the little things, and, of course, feeding me the most AMAZING breakfasts, something different every day. The cookies and sweets sitting around the common spaces were welcome treats as well. My room had everything I needed (including air conditioning for a couple of unusually warm VT nights). There are no televisions in the individual rooms in the Main Inn, only one in a common room on the main floor. TV is not a priority for me by any means, but might be something others wish to know.

Michael and Irene care about their guests - they have always been interested in the work I do at my class at Fletcher Farm. The Inn is located right in the town of Ludlow, making a walk to dinner or shopping an easy task. I will absolutely always return to stay with them and encourage everyone to consider booking at the Andrie Rose.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank arlene1108
andrie, Owner at The Pettigrew Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2012

We are very glad you enjoyed visit again this year. We look forward to your return visits for years to come.
Michael and irene Maston, Innkeepers

Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed here Valentines Day weekend and just loved it. Nestled between town(closer to town actually) and Okemo Mt. Andrie Rose Inn is perfectly situated. Town is quite literally 2 blocks away so we were able to walk right in to get a bottle of wine and cheese and be back in the our room in no time at all. Saturday I hit the slopes and my wife stayed in the room. The proprietor brought her fresh home baked cookies that were absolutely delicious.

Our room (i think called "wild thing") was a perfect size. Shower, large (2 person) jet tub, and small but sufficient w/c, fireplace. Our nicely furnished room with skylights and a small view of the mountain was perfect for watching the Valentines Day fireworks display put on by Okemo Mt.

We had breakfast both mornings and had dinner there on Friday night. Both were delicious and would recommend eating there. Other dining options are just a few short blocks away.

I would stay there again and definitely recommend the solitude luxury suites. A perfect weekend getaway.

Room Tip: try the solitude luxury suites.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ds0067
Reviewed March 2, 2011

My kids, 11 and 12 years old, and I stayed at Andrie Rose for the President's Week holiday. We stayed in two rooms in the main house, Evergreen and Mountain View. The rooms are quaint and clean, and the beds are very comfortable. They both have a nice view of Okemo Mountain. And one night we watched fireworks from our bedroom windows. That was a real treat! My children also love the fact that the house was built in 1820!!! There are no televisions in the rooms but that's okay since we don't have television in our bedrooms at home either. We knew that breakfast was included with the lodging, but we were very surprised at how good the breakfasts were. For six morning straight we were treated with a different breakfast, and we enjoyed every single one of them. And they're not small portions either. The hospitality of the innkeepers, Michael and Irene are incomparable. They are very welcoming. Every year we travel to a different place in the east coast to snowboard. I think this time we've found our "home away from home". Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2011

This was our second stay at the Andrie Rose Inn. We always request the Sapphire room to accommodate our family with two young children. The suite is clean, spacious, cozy and comfortable. We loved soaking in the jacuzzi tub to soothe our tired muscles after a day of skiing. The gas fireplaces really helped to dry our snow gear!! It was great to store our skis and boots in the heated storage closet, too.

The breakfasts were scrumptious (especially the french toast!). Next time we will try and stay on a Friday or Saturday to sample the gourmet dinners.

We look forward to making our trip to Okemo and the Andrie Rose Inn every year!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Yuk. Blechh.. We're still trying to spit out the bad flavors from the breakfast food prepared for the 3 mornings we were there. Of course, the wall is lined with awards for the spouse of the Inn Keeper you usually dealt with, but you'd never discover what she could do in the kitchen during your stay. The husband probably convinced himself he was a cook but we were NOT impressed. First morning, the omelette was BURNT, and had a weird selection of ingredients that caused the aftertaste to linger far too long. The next morning was pancakes, and those were OKAY. The last morning was this baked dish of disgusting cheeses, a hint of egg, and overloaded with bread where we couldn't stomach even the 3rd bite. And the fruit, on that last day; which seemed to be a honeydew melon was so bitter, the male Inn Keeper tried to doctor it up with honey and lime juice that made us think we were forcing COD LIVER OIL down our stomachs. Terrible.
The super expensive rooms were decent, in the main Inn, but so small you had to scoot around the edge of the bed sideways to get to the bathroom, and you'd bust your head on the slanted ceiling en route. The bathroom and bathtub were decent, and the outdoor hot tub was nice.
Overall, the Inn was nice, but the female of the Inn-Keeping duo had an unexpected death that weekend, and we were left there not knowing where to find ice and other amenities like extra shampoo or towels while they stepped out for one of the evenings.
Oh yeah. The ski resort shuttle was NOT operating while we skied for the Sat. / Sun. of our stay. And Okemo, was pretentious in that there were hardly ANY dressing room areas, and they would not tell you a trail was closed at the summit; ONLY after arriving there in the chair lift; and discovering the only trails available were way above your skiing ability.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank foodie_explorer
andrie, Owner at The Pettigrew Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2011

Carl and Elizabeth,

I am saddened by your review. You did seem to enjoy everything while you were here.
The omlette fillings are varied so that guests may choose, creating an omlette based on their personal tastes. I don't think I have ever had another guest instruct me' to put it all in there' . I am sorry the bottom of the omlette got quite dark while I tried to cook everything that you ordered into the pan.
Honeydew Melon is green, the orange fruit you hated was papaya. I had a South American guest tell me that the authentic way to serve it is to add honey and lime. I am sorry you were not familiar with the fruit .
The savory bread and cheese soufflé is a favorite of many repeat guests. I am sorry it wasn’t to your liking.
The sloped ceiling in Summit View is both mentioned and pictured on our website. You chose that room, we did not choose it for you.
It is heartwarming to know that the pancakes were OK anf that you did like the outdoor hot tub.
Lastly, I am sorry about the unexpected health change of Irene's father to whom we were very close and certainly you should understand our need to be with Irene's mother on Christmas day. We felt the Inn was well taken care of in our absence, but I apologize that extra shampoo and ice were not on top of my mind.
Michael Maston, Innkeeper

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludlow
Jackson Gore Inn
#2 of 7 in Ludlow
The Inn at Weston
The Inn at Weston
#1 of 3 in Weston

Been to The Pettigrew Inn? Share your experiences!