“Great Value”

Ludlow Colonial Motel
Ludlow Colonial Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Ludlow
Reviewed October 15, 2009

Found this hotel to be very clean. Good selection of rooms available without a reservation. Handy location. Free continental breakfast. Reasonable rates. I give 4 stars due to coffee at breakfast was weak, too watery. Reservation clerk had recommended a nice restaurant to dine at on a Tuesday evening. Took advice, drove to the restaurant only to find it closed every Monday and Tuesday. I thought reservation person should have known this if she was recommending the place. Minor matter but over all the hotel was a good value and stay was very pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bettyjean1
There are newer reviews for Ludlow Colonial Motel

Reviewed June 11, 2009

I ended up loosong 1 night's deposit of $200 because my kids had the flu. There are other motels in the area that have a more forgiving cancellation policy. This was President's vacation week, so I'm sure they double booked my room.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank 2727Ct
Reviewed January 7, 2009

I reserved a 3 night stay online. When I arrived the clerk could could find no record of my reservation yet they had charged my card for 1 nights stay. When I checked out I failed to notice that I had not been credited for the initial charge of 1 night. When I discovered the error ,I called the hotel to ask that my card be credited and talked with a lady who took the information and indicated she would "research" the problem and call me back that afternoon. FOUR days later I called her back AGAIN and she stated that she was very busy had credited my account. My card was not credited!!!! They are crooks and I have stopped payment through my credit card company. STAY ELSEWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
5  Thank chirodr2
Reviewed October 3, 2008

Stayed at this property for one night. We had a 1 bedroom suite in what they refer to as the Stone House, it is a 4 unit stone house that has been convereted into suites, attached to the property. The unit was larger than we had originally requested and I am not complaining. It had a small kitchen, a sitting room, bath and king size bed. A complaint is that about drive time in the morning the traffic picked up and the street noise bother us a tad, we live on a quiet street and road noise is not something we are used to. The extra size of the unit more than made up for the noise.

The unit was clean, the staff goes out of theiri way to make sure you have what is needed and will give you local information without any hesitation.

The breakfast was included, it was the usual fare, cereal, toast, juice, danish, coffee, bagels, not fancy but was included in the price of the room.

The WI=FI was not wokring which was a disappointment but the staff indicated that from time to time it is out of service.

We would stay here again

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2008

I have been staying at this motel a week in July and a week in August every year for six years. The rooms are always clean and the grounds neat with flower beds and planters, and the pool inviting. The general manager, Charles, is friendly and really cares about your stay. They now have a breakfast room with cereals and such. I look forward to staying there, it's like a home away from home.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2008

We have stayed in the Best Western in Ludlow once before, and plan to stay there again this August.

The innkeeper/owner is very friendly, and the perfect type of person to greet visitors. He made us feel very welcome, and when asked for restaurant recommendations, he was very helpful & gave us a discount coupon towards a place down the street, which we used & enjoyed very much.

The grounds are well taken care of, and the location is perfect for a mid-summer getaway: walk to Ludlow center; great little park across a side street w/gazebo to sit & watch the world go by.

The room was oversized & spotless, as was the bathroom. Our only minor complaint would be the thin walls & floors, as it sounded to us like a herd of elephants were above us as well!

Also, little white dog looking out the front window of the main building (assume it's the owner's pet) is adorable!

• Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed May 22, 2008

Property is in a great location, walk to shops & restaurants, only minutes to Okemo and about 15 to Killington.

Staff at check-in was fantastic, very friendly. Room rate was $110 and gave it to us for $80 which we thought was wonderful since we were on a motocycle and it was pouring. We would have happily paid the $110 for a warm room. Bonus.

Rooms are dated as previous reviewers have indicated but they were clean, bed was comfortable and the room was toasty.

Our room had a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and free wireless.Yay for free wireless but it was spotty and had very low
connection. Doesn't seem to work in the rain. Front desk offered the use of office computer, if needed. Oh, and also had a ski rack.

Did not chose to get the free continental breakfast, in room amenities allowed us to do our own thing.

Walking distance to a few pizza places and some nice restaurants, (recommend DJs). The library is across the street, and some nice specialty shops are just steps away.

Only downside was paper thin walls and the herd of elephants in the room upstairs. Honestly, I have no idea what they were doing all night but it sounded like they were taking ballroom dance lessons while running a blender. Who the heck knows?? I would imagine during ski season and at full capacity it can get noisy. We could clearly hear a few guys talking out side on their balcony while we were in our rooms and they were a floor above. Didn't bother us but might be a problem during busier times.

The area is beautiful and I would not hesitate to recommend this property.

• Stayed: May 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludlow
Jackson Gore Inn
#3 of 7 in Ludlow
Okemo Inn
Okemo Inn
#5 of 7 in Ludlow

Been to Ludlow Colonial Motel? Share your experiences!