“Good Dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Went here with my wife and kids for her birthday while on a family ski trip. Very nice place family friendly and staff were very pleasant. My kids had two bowls of pasta and me and my wife had pork belly and calamari apps. Both were cooked well and very tasty. We both had NY strip steak for main course which were cooked perfectly to how we requested. Not the best quality of beef for the price but that is ok. Dessert was good and overall it was a pleasant night out. My only complaint would be the price. The price they charge does not match the quality of food they serve but still a decent nights dinner..

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Although we were lucky to be seated and the staff and waitress friendly and efficient - The food came out cold and dry and in shifts - they brought a pasta dish back - I believed microwaved warm so the pricety pasta now was mushy but hot! -( I think we were the last to be served that evening and we were given what may have been tossed later) The childrens burger priced around $10. was even so bad that my kid did not want it - they told me the childrens burger different from main menu burger ??why?? I really wanted to like the food

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Onion soup pure salt
Cold and drafty and slow service
Overpriced with little options for a less expensive meal.
Go for a burger elsewhere

1  Thank rweissmd
okemomountain, Manager at Coleman Brook Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

I am very sorry to read your review. I would like to invite you back to give us another chance. Would you mind sending along your full name and mailing address to info@okemo.com, attention Marc Miller?

Thank-you,

Marc Miller
Manager, Coleman Brook Tavern

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We have been skiing at Jackson Gore and dining at the Tavern for 4 years, and the food has been consistently poor (certainly not justifying the price). Each year we hope the previous year was a fluke. This week, the clams were way too salty, beets were MIA in the beet salad, the risotto was clumpy and tasteless. We were excited this season to learn about a new "farm-to-table" emphasis, only to find a similar menu with some Vermont cheese added here and there. (Ok, the chevre was delicious!) Oh well, maybe next year... P.S. The service is always friendly and attentive.

2  Thank Sanssouci13
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

New chef, Scott Emerson, has made quite a difference: beautifully prepared food with attention to color and texture; excellent wine list; attentive but discreet service. Went several nights in a row.