“Very Accommodating for Food Allergies!”

Coleman Brook Tavern
Ranked #22 of 45 Restaurants in Ludlow
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
massachusetts
“Very Accommodating for Food Allergies!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

We went to CBTavern for lunch recently with our grandson who has multiple food allergies. The waitress was very helpful. The chef personally came out to discuss what he could make for my grandson. He went out of his way to make sure appropriate food would be served. That made us feel that he really cared about his customers.

The food overall was good, but the service was excellent.

This restaurant is on Okemo Mountain, so it has great views of skiers coming down the mountain. I think it has a very good atmosphere, especially for adults.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank mimiwoo4

“Not amazing food but an enjoyable dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

We came to Coleman Brook Tavern with a large group of adults and kids, sitting at multiple tables. On the plus side, the servers were very patient with our group and were definitely service oriented, accommodating specific requests, order changes, etc. The kids' food came out very quickly and the kids were happy and full. The adult appetizers were the highlight of the meal with fresh salads (I personally enjoyed the beet salad and my husband loved his baked brie) and a nice selection of options. The main courses were less impressive although the portions were generous. I had the skirt steak which was a little disappointing- not as tender and flavorful as skirt steak can be- but was still a decent entree. Desserts were also generous in size and great for sharing. S'mores, brownie sundaes and apple pie were pretty good. The ambiance was great with elegant, rustic tables and a lovely dining room. Even though the food was not noteworthy I would come back here. Prices were fair for the experience.

• Visited December 2012
Ashburnham, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a Gem!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I spent a weekend at Okemo for our 30th anniversary, thanks to our 2 Daughters. We had dinner at Coleman Brook and thoroughly enjoyed the wonderful dining experience we had. The meals were not only delicious; the portions were very generous. Our waitress-Cristina Kumka-was so enjoyable and fun to visit with; she made our night even better.
Excellent dining experience!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank connie m
Middletown, Delaware
“Low Quality Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I ate there last evening thinking we were going to Tavern Thursday. Which if you don't know what Tavern Thursday is - it is suppose to be that you can order a 3 course meal for$19.95. We had seen this advertised in various books around town and also on a couple of websites. However when we asked the waitress about it she said they did not do that anymore.
Okay, I felt that was a little bit of deception but the atmosphere was nice and so we stayed and ordered our mail. I ordered the Ahi Tuna and much to my surprise it was HORRIBLE!!! It had definitely been frozen and it was not fresh. The price was $26.00 but for the piece of Tuna I received and the quality of it I have ordered something very similar in Pubs for about $18.00.
My husband's meal wasn't much better. His mashed potatoes tasted like starch with gravy on them!!! I would never, ever go back there even if they offered the Tavern Thursday again. Their food is simply just not up to par. If you want a delicious meal with FRESH ingredients then go to the Downtown Grocery. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited October 2012
okemomountain, Manager at Coleman Brook Tavern, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Hi Darlene,

First, let me apologize for the delay in response. While your message was reviewed, somehow we neglected to respond.

I am very sorry that your experience at Coleman Brook Tavern was not positive. While Tavern Thursdays was discontinued this season, we did honor it for patrons that arrived expecting it. I regret that your server did not make that offer to you and your husband.

I also regret your food did not arrive to your expectations. I work hard at keeping our seafood fresh and the tuna is one of our best dishes.

I hope you will consider trying us again. If so, be sure to mention my communication with you on tripadvisor and I will extend to you a 20% discount on your meal.

Chef Scot Emerson
Freeport, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Perfect Wedding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We visit Coleman brook often and have always enjoyed the food and atmosphere. The wait staff and chefs are always friendly and accommodating and the food, delicious! We decided to have our wedding at okemo mountain and Colemn brook catered it! On our last trip to Vermont before our wedding, we met Cristina Kumka at coleman brook....she was our waitress! She was so extra friendly and so much fun, we requested she work our wedding. They granted our request and Cristina was a humongous help at our reception!! She was there when we needed her and did everything she could to make sure we were happy! Cristina and Coleman Brook helped to make our wedding day absolutely perfect!!

• Visited September 2012