“Good food, but high prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sam's Steakhouse

Sam's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Sam's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Ludlow
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Steaks, Seafood and Salad Bar are our specialties. Try dry aged steaks - Porterhouse, Bone-in Ribeye, Bone-in Sirloin, Filet Mignon, Hanger Steak, and of course Prime Rib. Seafood selections include Oysters, King Crab, Ahi Tuna, Scallops, Lobster tails, Salmon, Shrimp, and Scrod. Prefer Comfort Foods? How about Pot Roast, Meatloaf, Mac & Cheese, Chicken Teriyaki and Baby Back Ribs. Always a crowd pleaser is the Surf & Turf Combo for those that want a little of everything! We'll help pair the perfect bottle of wine from our extensive wine list to round out your meal, so come on in and enjoy Ludlow's Best Steakhouse!
Naples, Florida
“Good food, but high prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Sam's has upgraded the bar, and added a bar menu. It makes for quite a nice atmosphere. The food is good, but the same quality is available at a lower price elsewhere in town. A good salad bar, and of course, beef is a specialty. The service is excellent, and is made better by the warm friendly atmosphere.

• Visited June 2013

Schenectady, New York
“EXCELLENT !! HURRY-- GO THERE NOW--TOO GOOD TO WAIT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Sam's 2 days ago and our entire experience was really superior. We arrived at around 5:30 and the Maitre D/ Receptionist / Do Everything Gentleman informed us that there was an "Early Bird" special and also a "Bar Menu". We had not asked-- he volunteered this information. We elected to go to the bar ( very nice bar) to have a drink first and then the bartender( really helpful and friendly) told us about the Early Bird Special.There were several choices and that night, all were barbequed. These dinners included unlimited trips to the most amazing salad bar I have seen in several years. This salad bar had several unique, delicious and freshly prepared salads (e. g. marinated green bean and pepper salad, a "Mexican" type salad with corn, black beans, tomatoes, etc.), and tons of fresh greens and veggies and baked beans and coleslaw and homemade croutons and granola, and nuts and raisins and fresh bread and actually a lot more. The dressings were all housemade and delicious . For my entree, I chose the Prime Rib and my husband had the Marinated Flank Steak with Carmelized Onions. We were not pressured to have our meals exactly before the end of the Early Bird time frame ( ends at 6:00 PM). These dinners-- which incredibly cost only $10.50--- came with a baked potato w.sour cream and corn on the cob which was excellent. The meat was cooked exactly the way we had requested (rare) and the carmelized onions were plentiful and delicious. I should also mention that the "House" gin is Beefeaters, and the drinks were all generous and and reasonably priced. The restaurant itself is quiet and tastefully decorated. I honestly cannot think of one negative word to put into this review. I just want to return soon.

• Visited June 2013
“Steakhouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I've been here quite a few times ...in season and off. It can be crowded during ski weeks but still good good. The salad bar is excellent. Great prime ribs ....overall I've never been disappointed and have been happy with the service.

• Visited February 2013
Bangor, Maine
“Excellent Crab Legs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I ordered the crab legs and it was well worth the price. Along with the main course the salad bar was a nice touch. Not every restaurant I have been allows you to create your own salad. The restaurant itself had a nice atmosphere and friendly service

Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“A great place.... totally worth the trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

We traveled about an hour to have dinner here with friends. This was our first time at Sam's. The place is extremely clean and comfortable. The food is amazing. The service is great. We have now found a "new" favorite place to go. I had the Creme Brule' for dessert. It was the best I've ever had. The portions are huge and I left so full I could hardly move. The chef "Pat" came out to greet us as we had a mutual friend. That was such a nice surprise. He was so gracious too. I can't say enough about how wonderful Sam's Steak House is. You won't be disappointed at all.

• Visited May 2013