“Mixed Review”
Review of Sam's Steakhouse

Sam's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Sam's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Ludlow
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Steaks, seafood and salad bar are our specialties. Dry aged steaks - porterhouse, bone-in ribeye, bone-in sirloin, filet mignon, hanger steak, and prime rib. Seafood selections include oysters, king crab, hi tuna, scallops, lobster tails, salmon and shrimp.Prefer comfort foods? How about pot roast, meatloaf, mac & cheese, chicken teriyaki and baby back ribs. Always a crowd pleaser is the Surf & Turf Combo. We'll help pair the perfect bottle of wine to complement your dinner. Visit us to enjoy Ludlow's finest steakhouse!
massachusetts
“Mixed Review”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband ordered the pot roast and I ordered the stuffed shrimp. The pot roast was the best I've ever tasted, but the stuffing on the shrimp was just tasteless. Don't know what kind of stuffing it was, but it wasn't good. So, I pushed my plate of shrimp aside and shared the pot roast with my husband. There was enough for the both of us. The waitress was attentive and didn't charge me for my meal, which I appreciated. The salad bar was fresh with a good selection. I'm mixed with my review, wanting to give this restaurant a 3.5 because of the lousy shrimp. But the pot roast was so delicious, I gave it a 4.

• Visited February 2013

Sandy Hook, Connecticut
“Good food!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Whenever we ski at Okemo we make a point to eat at Sam's. Nice salad bar which is kept very clean and constantly filled with fresh items. Steaks are really good and cooked to order every time just the way we asked. Service is also very good and friendly.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Traveldog4
Hudson Valley NY
“Good to very good”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We have been to Ludlow each year for almost 20 yrs w/ friends to ski at Okemo and have always been dissatisfied w/ the local restaurants. A few yrs ago, we discovered Sam's and have been relatively happy - but realize that we must not venture beyond the prime ribs or filet. Our filet was delicious, tender and cooked to order. The salad bar is extensive and included a bowl of quinoa salad for the gluten free member in our group. My suggestion: add some fruit to the salad bar and serve warmed bread. The bread was delicious but if warmed would have been incredible. Our server, Traci, was attentive yet not hovering!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank JVCNP
Cheshire
“Great consistent place in Ludlow!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time here in a few years. Food remains good, options are good, children's menu is good, and freshness is perfect!

I love the back room (as it seems private with its own salad bar) your in a quieter room with less traffic and noise. No reservations, so get there early if you have a large group on a Fri or Sat night! By 6 pm it's packed!!

Salmon was incredible, chicken dishes were great, salad bar was fresh and had a large variety, vodka penne had a little spice to it, French onion soup was perfect, fresh bread was a hit!

Prices were average to high. Party of 10 with 2 children was 225.00$. No alcohol drinks, 1 appetizer. We all had take home food due to salad bar with every meal all-you-can-eat!!!

I'd go back again and again, I love to find a solid, good, place that I could count on when I'm away.

1 Thank Kelly D
“A staple for our trip”
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Our third time back to Sam's which remains a vacation favorite. This is a quality restaurant that gets everything right. From the large glass of wine to the excellently prepared steak to the generous and quality kids meals, we are never disappointed. This is also one of the best salad bars around - including back home! We'll be back next year.