“A Must Visit...in my opinion”
Review of Loft Tavern

Loft Tavern
Ranked #15 of 45 Restaurants in Ludlow
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Willington, Connecticut
“A Must Visit...in my opinion”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

After reading the reviews we had to come here. We originally planned to stop in for a drink but ended up staying the night.

The place is a hole in the wall type joint but it is awesome! The beer selection is great with several local brews on tap. We ate wings and nachos which were also awesome. The nacho portion was huge and more than we could eat...could have been all the wings and beer we had beforehand :)

The owner/cook/silver haired poney tailed guy was quite a character and kept everyone entertained with his funny and colorful stories. He recommeded several local beers to try and in his words "this beer will F you up". Well he was right. We about crawled out of the place.

The Loft is not pretty, glitzty, romantic or even very clean but it is a darn good place with plenty of atmosphere.

• Visited September 2013

BDL
“Very good, most of the time”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I really enjoy coming here almost every time I'm at Okemo. The food is good, the beer is almost reasonably priced, and the staff is usually friendly. I love buffalo chicken, and their sandwich is AWESOME!

The down side to this place can be some of the ridiculously drunk late 30/mid 40 year olds who are blackout drunk and making fools of themselves. Sometimes they make me flat out uncomfortable. I'm not a stiff, and let loose...but the staff has to learn to realize when enough is enough and the amount of drinks these people are ordering are outweighed by the people who aren't staying because of their drunk antics.

All in all well worthwhile while in town!

Visited February 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Maybe St. Patrick's day was the mistake”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Following other reviewers' recommendations,we anticipated a fun evening for the family. The place was not full at 5:15 PM, but busy. We were met with everything that could have gone wrong. Inattentive servers; cocktails were flat and poorly mixed (too much cheap liquor). After waiting 30-40 minutes for food, we were informed that one entree ordered was available. We ordered another option to be told 10 minutes later that one was not available. The food we received was mostly poor in quality: grilled chicken had so much char, it tasted like charcoal. The burger was deplorable. Pulled pork sandwich was good. Chicken wings were standard. Good beer list. So, my suggestion, stop by for a beer!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank DLB333
Stamford, Connecticut
“Stay for the food!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I went here because the other place we used to go with the Moose was going down hill. We searched and read the reviews. They're spot on. Its the type of place that has its charm. Bar scene type but with tables at the top and back, tons of people having a great time. Great beer but best of all the food is unreal. Its not a big time restaurant by any means BUT you will stay because the food is that good! Great place to eat after a long day of skiing or if you get there at the right time, you may find a table to eat dinner (we got lucky) since its very popular. This place should be on the Food Network with Guy Fieri, Dives Diners and Drive Ins.

Visited March 2013
New Jersey
“Casual, and delicious, 2 good things in life!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have always enjoyed The Loft Tavern. I am a 11 year old girl who loves the chicken fingers which are fresh and delicious. My parents love the pulled pork and the great selection of beer on tap. There is a jukebox to play music on for a dollar, or five dollars for a bunch of song selections.

• Visited February 2013