“Dark inside but good food!!”
Review of D J's Restaurant

D J's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 46 Restaurants in Ludlow
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2010

The place looked kind of dumpy from the outside, but they say, never judge a book by its cover. We had a party of 14 people and made reservations and were seated right away! The salad bar is excellent and come with every entry! I had the Filet to my liking and enjoyed the garlic mashed potatoes. Unfortunately, I couldn't finish the whole thing. We had a waitress who wasn't that friendly but did a good job serving all of us. I would recommend eating here. Good food!!!! Oh and the bar area is nice too!

Reviewed May 24, 2010

In VT for a weekend getaway, we tried this restaurant for dinner at the suggestion of our nearby hotel. Our first impressions were perhaps slightly negative -- the interior of the restaurant is kept unnecessarily dark, and some of the immediate visuals (a sign listing the specials, and an odd-looking welcome sign above the maitre'd stand) give the impression of it being lower end than it is.

However, after we were seated, we found our server to be extremely attentive, the menu offered a great variety of options, and you definitely don't leave this place hungry! We enjoyed the included salad bar. I had the Junior cut of Prime Rib, which at 12 ounces can barely be considered junior. While it won't give high-end steakhouses a run for their money, it was quite well-prepared and enjoyable especially given its reasonable price (I believe it was $18). The restaurant also stocks a couple of local Vermont beers, which was something we were hoping would be available to complete our Vermont experience.

Reviewed February 24, 2010

Stopped in because it was recomended by a couple of locals. Found food to be average, nothing special (a bit on the pricey side). Had to flag down waitress for a drink refill (never stopped by during meal to ask how everything was going). Kids meals expensive ($10 each) plus the kids each had a lemonade ($3.50 each ouch!). Most we spent on a meal our whole weekend (not worth it)

Reviewed January 26, 2010

I had dinner at Djs two different nights in one week not by choice but convenience. The first night i had there regular Menu which reminded me of a Weather vane menu fried clams broiled scallops etc It was good reminded me of eating apple-bees but was overpriced for two people bill was 50 bucks and yea the food wasn't horrible but could have had the same thing for 20 dollars. The next night i had there bar menu 4.95 for a sandwich of your choice i had the Burger it was excellent got the salad bar added on for another 4.95 and it was a better meal then night prior with more food Now service was horrible total neglected by waitress all night took 15 minutes just to get a drink. I wanted to cal her flo because she was chewing gum and leaning on my booth. The only thing she was missing was her name tag. the special bored they have written in marker very cheesy. But food not horrible but not omg wow either. But i do suggest getting there bar menu over regular menu will save u money and u will get more food or equal amount

Reviewed November 19, 2009

Really, have you ever had 2 chicken entrees charred black within the same night? That's what happened, I kid you not, after telling the waitress about the first serving. The worst part was that the chef tried to hide it by putting the charred side down, so you couldn't see it.
Fire the chef, and go here in 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!