“Just as good as always”

D J's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 45 Restaurants in Ludlow
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Just as good as always”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I used to frequent DJ's when I was growing up and to return all these years later and to share it with my family was exciting. From being seated by Terry who hasn't changed at all to the salad bar as awesome as always........I was not disappointed. The portions were huge. The food was great. The only down side was the service. It was very busy and took a loooong while before we saw our waitress for the first time. But once she came the rest of the night was fine. DJ's is still the gem of Ludlow!

Mansfield, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Very Friendly Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Definitely a visit back in time! Great options for everyone and reasonably priced. I had awesome home made soup and opted for the salad bar while my son and husband each enjoyed a delicious special!

Spring Branch, Texas
“Dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Nothing special. Breakfast was average. Lunch lacking. Dinner was a disaster with my dinner overcooked and hers undercooked. Service was good but chef needs to be replaced.

Yorktown, VA
“Reliably good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I used to go to DJ's back in the 1980's and '90's, when we had a second home nearby. We tried it again on a recent visit to Ludlow, and it literally hasn't changed one bit in all that time. Same decor, same salad bar (faithfully refilled and neatened up throughout the evening), same food. This is not a bad thing. I enjoyed my pasta marinara with 6 large shrimp; the sauce wasn't sweet at all, thankfully. My husband thought his prime rib was just OK and bland. Prices are very reasonable, and service is downhome and friendly.

Visited July 2012
Chelmsford, MA
“Fresh food, comfortable dinning room, good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have been vacationing in Ludlow every summer for the past 17 years and finally tried DJ's for dinner last week. We are sorry we waited so long! We had been put off by the exterior, thinking it to be a dark drinking dive with bad food. Boy, we were WRONG! Thanks to the reviews here, we decided to give it a try.

We went early on a Thursday evening and even though we were among the first to be seated, the place filled up quickly with a line developing at the salad bar. So, either go early or make a reservation. We liked the low-key dining room with '70's soft-rock playing in the background and spacious wooden booths. The food selection was basic steak & seafood with the salad bar. Both my husband and I had shimp ... mine was baked, his was fried. We both liked our choices. The bread rolls were awesome! Fresh, warm and soft with a light crunch ... just the way bread rolls should be and often aren't. The salad bar was very fresh, had many choices and was well attended by a staff member who kept everything stocked. Our waitress was prompt, thorough and accurate. The cost of our meal with appetizers was amazingly low, especially compared to the other restaurants in the area. I really have no complaints and wish we had "found" DJs many years ago.

• Visited August 2012