“Reunion Brunch”

Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Ludlow
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My high school friends and I met in Vermont for a brief reunion this summer, and we ate brunch one morning at the Hatchery in the lovely little town of Ludlow. It was a laid-back, friendly restaurant on the main drag with an extensive breakfast and lunch menu. One of us was vegan, but all of us were happy with our meals: tofu wraps, reubens, club sandwiches were all tasty, service was brisk, and the atmosphere conducive to long conversations. While there, we happened to run into two backpacking bikers who were stoking up on carbs before a long run up the beautiful mountains nearby. Parking was free on the curb for cars as well as bikes.

1  Thank jenfren

Reviewed July 28, 2014

The service is terrific - attentive, no need to ask for coffee refills and quick. We were a party of 4 for breakfast, but I wanted a sandwich - not a problem. Each of us was happy with our food, the potatoes and the sausages got rave reviews from my husband. The place was clean and bright, perfect for breakfast.

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We four couples and all had breakfast. The food was really good and plenty of it. The service was good too although they did bring out some wrong orders!
There is a HOG rally going on now, so Ludlow is packed with bikers and may be overwhelming some places.
Overall I would recommend this place, but it is very small restaurant.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I wandered in here the first morning of our vacation in Ludlow (and quickly had to scamper down the street to the ATM and back because they are cash only). He had the corned beef hash and I had the smoked salmon hash. Both were good...but nothing to write home about. They do not offer poached eggs (one of my favorites), and my husband said that the coffee wasn't very good.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Such an innovative menu, with food cooked with love and care. Okay, a little pricey but with innovative cooking and great, fresh food you gotta live a little. Speaking of pricey, we ate at Vermont Apple Pie and Cheescake (breakfast all day until 2) the day before in Proctorsville. But we wanted to give our arteries and wallets a little break. Worth every penny. Oh and, surprise, they have a liquor license.

1  Thank leafpeeper98

Been to The Hatchery? Share your experiences!