“Nothing special.”

Ranked #8 of 45 Restaurants in Ludlow
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We had breakfast at the hatchery and were pretty blasé about it. It's quite pricey for what they offer. I had two pancakes which were overly large and extremely dry with a small portion of syrup to moisten it. My dining partner had a very good omelette but $11.95 is a bit much. The staff stood around talking to each other. There's just not much to recommend the place.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We went here since Jackson Gore breakfast ends at 10. classic all day breakfast establishment with all the "goodies" for a calorie blast breakfast. Portions are huge.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We ate here a few times while in the area. The Hatchery is a local, family run, diner type restaurant. I believe they only serve breakfast and lunch. We went for breakfast.

Eveything was homemade and the bacon was some of the best ever!!! In fact I ate mine and some of my GF's :) It was that good. As you would guess, they serve VT maple syrup too - not that mass produced corn syrup stuff you get at some places.

The staff is friendly as were all of the guests. You could tell it was a place where locals go as everyone seemed to know each other.

The atmosphere is nothing special but the food is. Check it out - you wont be disappointed!!!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

You can't go wrong by eating either breakfast or lunch at Hatchery on Main St. N Ludlow. The service is always friendly and the food is served hot and fresh. I have tried the eggs, pancakes and waffles and all were very good. The sandwiches and wraps are good size and freshly prepared. I always come to the Hatchery whenever I visit Okemo or go to Vermont to see the Fall foliage.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Breakfast for two, $30 and they only except cash. It was not a big meal by no means nor was it tasty. Place could also use a good cleaning!

Been to The Hatchery? Share your experiences!