“Great food in an Ok restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Hatchery
Ranked #9 of 45 Restaurants in Ludlow
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Meriden, Connecticut
“Great food in an Ok restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

We were happy with all of our food, and the speed it was served. we did wait longer without any staff noticing us for a bit longer than I'd like, about 5 minutes. Given we visited at off-peak time (summer) I can't imagine how behind they get during ski season.
It's a small place right in downtown Ludlow in an older building. I'd prefer an updated restaurant w decent tables and chairs instead of cheap uneven ones, but I suppose it adds to the charm or quaintness of a ski resort town.
I read other complaints about the price, I found it standard for the northeast, but given the condition of the building, I guess some could say it was overpriced.
I was very pleased with the quality of the food. Namely the wheat toast i received w my eggs. It was good dense 100% whole wheat, which I have never received for breakfast anywhere else.

Visited August 2012

South Carolina
“Expensive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Small breakfast big price... we aren't looking for excessive breakfast- but putting one egg fried egg on a roll or toast and calling it an egg-sandwich ... We ate elsewhere after day one!!

Visited July 2012
Little Falls, New York
“Tasty and interesting!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

The choices where unusual and numerous. The Belgian waffle is very good. Salsas are unusual and tasty. The home fries were some of the best we have ever eaten.

They were accommodating and we will be back!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CT
“Nice place...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Food was good, service was friendly. Seemed a bit expensive for breakfast ($54 plus tip, family of four)

Visited July 2012
Cortlandt Manor, New York
“Best omelettes ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Every time I visit VT I make sure I get breakfast at the Hatchery! The food is to die for- especially the omelettes! I stole my mother away the morning of my wedding to bring her to the Hatchery for a quiet breakfast- I got the Vermonter Omelette (my absolute FAVORITE! How they cook it with apple pieces and keep them crisp is magic), and my mother got one with veggies and pesto (can't remember the name of it) and she devoured the whole thing! She NEVER does that! She practically licked the plate! I would absolutely recommend the Hatchery to anyone and everyone that goes through town!

Visited June 2012