“First time great, second time took way too long...”

Mr. Darcy's Bar & Grill
Ranked #3 of 45 Restaurants in Ludlow
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A hip, modern & clean environment. We serve high quality food for an affordable price. Serving to our local & non local clientele. Our menu has gluten free and vegetarian options as well as comfort foods. Enjoy our wine list, local beers, daily drink specials and our "Burgers".
new jersey
“First time great, second time took way too long...”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We decided to try this new joint our first night - it was 6 pm on a Wed night after Christmas and when we walked in they were only taking those who had made reservations - they let us sit at the bar (with the kids) and service was prompt.

one kid had the pasta with butter, the other a burger (not on the kids menu, should offer either sliders or kids burger). Wife and I shared the shrimp tacos, one shrimp on each wanton, with coleslaw and sauce - not bad (for 7.95). My wife had some salad, i went with the first burger on the menu - it was tasty.

since service was friendly and food was good, we made a reservation for Sat night at 6 pm. We were sat promptly, but didnt get our apps until 710! The excuse was that the kitchen was backed up because of take out orders. Seriously, if you are getting a lot of take out orders, tell them to wait longer, not patrons inside - all it does is screw up your entire reservation system.

both kids had chicken fingers (really good, tasted homemade, like real breaded chicken) and kids fries are not truffle crusted, which they didnt like from last visit. I had the nachos with pulled pork, they were fair, could have used more cheese and Korean BBQ wings as app. Wings were ok, but so hungry by time they came, would have chewed on my arm. Wife had buffalo wings and something else (cant remember now, maybe burger?).

while we were waiting, they asked my wife is she wanted another beer - based on the wait, it really should have been on the house, or at minimum, a comped dessert - a little bit goes a long way...

Visited December 2012

Colchester, Vermont
“Best choice in a small town.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have lived in the Ludlow area for a few years on and off, enjoying both the on and off seasons.
This fall we decided to try the new restaurant that opened up Mr. Darcy's. the food was amazing, both had burgers of different variants, and we were equally as thrilled with the taste and portions.
The service was very friendly and have us the locals feeling, even on our first visit.

We were back in the area last week and wanted to give it another shot, since we enjoyed it so much the first time.

We were treated as locals once again, by nice, friendly service. The food again was very good, my wife had a burger, I had the special (butternut squash ravioli) and it was delicious.

I can't say much more about Mr. Darcy's other than if you are looking for, good food, good prices, and good people, look no further.

1 Thank Jon I
Ludlow, Vermont
“Male host is not pleasant to customers or employees”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We decied to try Mr. Darcy's because we heard the Darcy Burger was amazing.
We had a 5:30 reservation. We showed up at 5:38 after calling to say we were going to be about 10 mins late. The same guy we spoke to on the phone who said it wouldn't be a problem, I believe his name was Mark, said "oh, you are late so you will have to wait for an available table. 30 mins later we were seated. 2 1/2 hours later we were done with dinner. Meanwhile, I watched Mark treat his waitresses with absolutely no respect. Most would roll their eyes when he would walk away. He literally does nothing. He was supposed to be a host but all he did was tell his staff where to seat people.

The salad my wife had was sub-par.

Now, for the Darcy burger. It truly is delicious and is the only reason I would consider going back to this place.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Mike C
New York
“Enjoyed and nice selection”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Pastas, burgers, fish, etc. Lively bar scene. Tough to get reservations during peak holiday periods so definitely call in advance. Very casual....we went their right after skiing in our ski clothing. Nice portions and friendly service. Would definitely go back.

Visited December 2012
Burlington, Vermont
“The very best in Ludlow”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have lived in the area for many years, and have never loved a restaurant more than Mr. Darcy's. This place is incredible, from the food (delicious burgers, truffle fries, COMFORT food), to the outstanding service, to the wonderful atmosphere, we keep going back for more. The manager, Mark, is always hands on with his customers and is a true restauranteur. We always appreciate that he and his staff go above and beyond to accommodate us!

Do yourself a favor and visit this place! Thank you for everything Mark!

• Visited December 2012