Green Mountain at Fox Run
$99
Timber Inn Motel(Ludlow)(Great Value!)
$129
$167
Jackson Gore Inn(Ludlow)(Great Value!)
$161
Travelocity
The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
$129
Hotels.com
Castle Hill Resort And Spa(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
$232
Motel in the Meadow(Chester)(Great Value!)
$79
$134
Priceline
All reviewsweight losslife changingfour weekslearn howmindful eatingspent weekshealth retreatprofessional stafflife stylenew friendsfitness programhealthy eatingtai chivery special placefood issuesi've spenthealthy weight
Reviewed April 30, 2011

I was lucky enough to stay at Green Mountain for a month in Feb. of 2010. I had just come out a grueling grad school program and needed a place to decompress, recharge my batteries and deal with emotional eating issues that had plagued me for years. I got that and so much more from my experience here. The staff is amazing and posses a great deal of knowlegde in their respective fields (nutrition, exercise phisiology, etc.) The food was healthy, creative and (most importantly) delicious. I bought their recipe book so I could recreate some favorites when I got home This is not a vacation resort or a trendy spa, but rather a place to live simply, focus on yourself and get some amazing support while you navigate your relationship to food. It's a place to get inspiration and guidance on how best to take care of your body with proper nutrition and exercise while reconnecting to your spirit. They do a wonderful job of taking the focus off the diet mentality and provide a path to come back to a natual heathy way of eating through mindfulness. The location is simply breathtaking (even in the cold winter months) and I enjoyed many winter activities for the first time. I also met some really wonderful women who were nuturing and supportive and have become lifelong friends. I came home with a happy body and a grateful heart. I could not recommend this experience more! I plan to come back as soon as I am able!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
9  Thank scarlet14
Reviewed April 26, 2011

If you like luxury, this place is not for you. The facility is horribly outdated, and the rooms are such a joke that I just stood there for five minutes trying to comprehend how much money I had just spent and what I was going to get out of the program. (If you get a room with a loft, good luck b/c the climb up and down the latter is very scary.) The weight room downstairs and the aerobic room on the third floor (no elevators anywhere on facility) are in such a need of a some major renovations. The food was horrible, and I was starving the entire time. The staff was very bare-bones, and in fact, guests are by themselves overnight with no one manning the operation. You have to drive off the facility in order to get to the pool, which they billed as being on the property. Positives? The community of all women was wonderful, as was the scenic two-hour car drive from the airport. If you decide to go here (please don't!!!) have them send you pictures of the rooms, the facility and the menu. Huge disappointment. AND all the "spa" services are extra, on top of the obsence price of your stay!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
31  Thank labradorlvr
ahwayler, Owner at Green Mountain at Fox Run, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2011

You’re right, this is not a luxury facility. But I disagree with your assessment that our facility is dirty, unkempt or otherwise not conducive to the good work we have done in helping women achieve healthy lifestyle change without dieting for the past 39 years.

I certainly respect differences of opinion, but to say that our food is horrible is not consistent with the opinions of almost all of the women who attend. However, food is a personal preference. As an all-women’s facility, we provide 24/7 staff coverage, so your comment about no staff on duty is patently false. The reference that we restrict food is totally inaccurate. Our philosophical approach is to help women to learn how to eat instead of diet, and we introduce mindful eating into their lives, which is dependent on eating according to internal cues that guide how much a person needs at any one meal or snack. As the oldest all-women’s non-diet weight loss program, we provide healthy, organic foods as part of our nutrition program. It’s extremely odd that your takeaway is antithetical to the approach, philosophyl and what actually occurs here. However, the most remarkable omission in your review is the lack of reference to our program, the quality and caliber of staff and work we have dedicated ourselves to for the past 39 years. I’m delighted that the other TripAdvisor reviews, even those with some criticisms, still go out of their way to identify the excellence of our program and staff.

My impression is that you were looking for a resort or luxury vacation, not a serious weight loss program. I agree, we’re not a resort or luxury vacation. Yet, I 'm surprised that upon arriving, you didn’t come down to share your concerns and request to leave. We’d be more than happy to have honored your request and refund your monies. We haven’t been around for almost 40 years without being reasonable and respectful of the needs and differences of the many women who have walked through our doors. We do good work and continue to win the accolades of the women who are ready for a program of our focus.

Reviewed March 26, 2011

My stay at Green Mountain at Fox Run was probably the best decision I have ever made!! I spent 4 weeks there and left today, and one of the first things I wanted to do was to write a review as I am sooo happy with my experience in this wonderful place.
From the moment I arrived, I was received well, my room was charming and cozy, with a stunning view of the Okemo mountains, and it was very clean too. The food was absolutely delicious, and I never felt deprived. Lecture classes were always interesting and enlightening, and exercise classes were always fun and upbeat, and modifications were always explained. In my opinion GM@FR works because it is not a "quick fix", but rather a new lifestyle, and the program is personalized to fit your needs. Most important, it includes lots of cognitive and behavior classes, which I believe 100% necessary if you want to change!
But the most memorable part of my trip was the PEOPLE who work at Green Mountain at Fox Run and dedicate their lives to helping others, and the amazing ladies I met there who were staying there as well. I will never forget with how much love I was treated and how you all spent time and energy seeking to help each of us find the perfect plan to achieve a healthy lifestyle and the hope for a happier future.
(Darla, Liz, Jeannie, Robyn, LynnAnn, Mallory, Jessica H, Jessica B, Jon, Lisa, Millicent, etc: THANK YOU!!!! God bless you all!!!)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
15  Thank Lala1972
Reviewed March 22, 2011

This is a wellness and weight management program for women that focuses on strategies for healthy, balanced and joyful living. The setting is breathtaking, the facility comfortable, immaculate and welcoming. The staff is comprised of experts in nutrition, fitness and behavioral health and the well designed and thoroughly researched program integrates all three components seamlessly. After (just) a week, of what is ideally a 4 week program, I felt significantly healthier and empowered to return home and sustain changes to my previously unhealthy ways of living. The culture is built on support and though not a place that coddles, there is a sense of being well cared for, respected and understood. This is a life changing experience that is neither painful nor destructive in any way. The food incidentally is healthy and delicious and the exercise varied and appropriately challenging.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
9  Thank NellieMom
Reviewed March 10, 2011

The Green Mountain approach works! Simple as that! I've lost 80 pounds and kept it off for 27 years. Yes, 27 years! I love to revisit Green Mountain whenever I can. It's a wonderful way to continue to invest in my health and wellbeing. My son and my family reap tremendous benefits when I'm healthy and whole.

Take this time for you. There is no magic pill. Cultivate your own garden and watch yourself soar!

Here's to you! Now, go sign up :0)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo