“Vermonting it”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Edison, New Jersey
“Vermonting it”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We were dragged here by our friends on our second night in Vermont. And BOY, were we so thrilled that they did! The interior is unique and the service couldn't have been better. We loved the farm to table eating - YUM! I had the tamales and the falafel, and my husband had the trout bones, grits, and the desert sampler. It was a great way to begin our Vermont vacation! I'm already planning a trip to Ludlow next year just so we have an excuse to eat here again!

• Visited August 2014

Chester, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unbelievable”
Reviewed August 26, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We have eaten there several times over the past few months. This is an unusual place. The menu never stays the same, giving us a chance to experience meals we otherwise would never have done. The ambience, the smiles, the food is something to go by. Every guest/friend we have taken to this place have raved about it.

Highly recommend.

Visited August 2014
Connecticut
“Amazing Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Highly recommended by the locals at the Market, we grabbed two seats at the bar (first come first serve) as they were booked with reservations until 9pm! Vast drink selection and amazing chips on the bar. I had the homemade Tagliatelle wtih clams, whtie wine sauce, chili flakes, cherry and heirloom tomatoes....might be the best dish I have ever had! My wife enjoyed her falafel as well! The staff here is amazing, super friendly and we were even able to buy the boy in the kitchen a round of tallboys!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank KeithyP24
Naples, Florida
“Excellent dining experience”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

When we first walked into Downtown Grocery, I was a bit grumpy. It was crowded and noisy. Some things I fancied to eat were marked off the board. However, it didn't take long to have that grumpy feeling replaced by delight. I went in looking for comfort food. I was pushed off that spot, and was happier for it! On the menu, the prices seemed high, but the Mountain Throwdown was a great deal. So, every pre-conception I had was blown away. Instead I was pushed to try some new things, and was all the better for it. Our server, Ben, enhanced the experience. Not only was he attentive and friendly, but he steered us through the menu. We wouldn't call it dinner, but rather a dining adventure.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank skyhoosier
Boston
“Mountain Throwdown a huge hit”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

My wife said after leaving Downtown Grocery: "That was the best meal I ever had." I replied: I am so thrilled they offer great vegetarian options along with their usual fare. We had two different three course meals off their set menu and a couple of Martini specials. The portions were just right . The wait staff are very friendly and the hostess was very courteous. We are looking forward to more great meals during the Okemo ski season.

• Visited July 2014