“Very Slow Service, Mediocre Food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bella Luna Ristorante - CLOSED

Bella Luna Ristorante
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chelmsford, MA
“Very Slow Service, Mediocre Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We've been going to Bella Luna's every summer since it opened and have seen it go downhill over time. Our last meal there prompted us to look for another place for dinner while in Ludlow (which turned out to be a good thing; we found a great place!). Granted, the building is beautiful; the interior is a feast for the eyes. It raises expectations, and these were met our first couple of times there. Not any more.

Bella Luna has a terrible problem with service, always has. Servers see you promptly after seating and may bring drinks within a short time, but the delays for taking the order, putting bread on the table, filling water glasses and actually bringing food are very long. More than once during our last dinner I looked around the crowded dining room and saw many people waiting for something and not one employee in sight. I have no idea where they go or what is taking their attention off their customers, but it's a chronic problem. When the servers do show up, they appear overwhelmed. They're very nice, but they're distracted and even breathless at times.

If it were just the service problem, I wouldn't be writing this review, but the food is not that good anymore. For this past dinner, when we did get our bread rolls, they were cold, dried out and fell apart while buttering. The salads were fresh though, which was nice. My puff pastry escargot was okay for inventiveness (and I like pastry), but the snails were overcooked and chewy. My stuffed chicken breast was over-cooked and dry; it was so bad that I could only eat a third of it. My husband's steak tips were overcooked and chewy. We skipped coffee and dessert, and waited so long for our check that we were discussing leaving an approximate amount of cash on the table and leaving.

There are better places to eat in Ludlow, for better food, service and value. Just check Trip Advisor!

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SueD_MA

Meriden, Connecticut
“Great food, Beautiful Scenery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

The restaurant was beautiful. The staff was super friendly. The food was outstanding. We arrived at 5 just as the restaurant opened and we were the only one's there for awhile which was very nice. We ordered Shrimp cocktail, Escargot, Linguine and red clams, and Shrimp and Scallops. We decided we would make the 2 hour drive just to eat at this place again.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“Amazing all the way around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Well first the place was very nice and very clean.second the service was awesome.amanda was our waitress and she was right on with everything.great at reading people,lol gotta say the food was great and was surprise how much chicken was on my plate.enough for two people.i can keep writing about this place cause it was so great. But I rather just tell you go there and try it for your self ill bet any amount of money u will enjoy every bit of it. I know for sure if we every get back to vermont we will be going back to Bella Luna . Once again it was a great place and if u go ask for Amanda as your waitress tell her she was highly recommended from me. I bet u will be very happy with her service.
Hey Bella Luna thanks again for the great food and service and I pray you guys are around for a very long time .

Visited August 2012
Tyler, Texas
“The Best in Ludlow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

We spent 2 weeks in Ludlow and this was the best meal we had (in Ludlow). Good Italian pasta. Nice wine. The decor is a little over the top, but better than being dark and dreary. We would go back

Denver
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great portions and good food. The atmosphere during ski season is very busy but the staff manage to keep up very well. The interior design is a bit kitchy, in my opinion. We've enjoyed their pastas and meat dishes, appetizers and desserts. They are nice about acknowledging special celebrations.

• Visited December 2011