“Breakfast Blues”
Review of Java Baba

Java Baba
Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Ludlow
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We went out for breakfast with high hopes - after all Ludlow is in Vermont and there should be plenty of good wholesome breakfast food.The name Java Baba sounded as if it might be the place for something good like freshly made oatmeal. It was well rated on Trip Advisor!!! What did they offer us - a prepackaged container to which milk could be added. I asked for a breakfast menu. The counter server, a surly unfriendly guy, who might be the owner, or should be fired if he isn't, pretended he was shocked. He never gave me one. I asked if they could do cooked breakfasts. Again, seeming to think the question ridiculous, he asked what I wanted. I said; " eggs," to which he replied: " fried or scrambled." I asked if he had vegetables and he replied: "what do you want? We settled on tomatoes.The coffee selections were on a board on the wall and could not be read because they did not have the lights on. When I finally got my double expresso, it was no bigger than a single - We won't be going there again. Poor food and expensive.

There are newer reviews for Java Baba

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

My sister owns a condo at Okemo and is a coffee fiend - this is where she goes. I love the sandwich selection and the fact that you can eat there or get it to go. Easy parking doesn't hurt either. I love the quaint feel of downtown (vs this little vt-style strip mall) but if your goal is "good, fast, go" then head here instead.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Their breakfast and lunch menus are not only diverse but reasonable priced and very good.
Their variety of coffee beans are always a take home item.
Friendly staff and great service.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

A group of 8 of us ate lunch here and everyone seemed to enjoy the food. A wide assortment of creative menu items with something for everyone. The veggie burger was a particular favorite, not dry and very flavorful. We actually returned later in the day for coffee and ice cream, though the flavor choices this time of year were limited to 3 flavors.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Nice coffee shop in that area. I believe these places are needed in small towns since Starbucks is taking over our lives...Nice coffee, food, ambiance. Its very nice and I would go here again.