“Location location location...”

Snowdon Chalet
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Londonderry
“Location location location...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This place was the closest to where we needed to stay. My husband found this hotel on orbitz and we were impressed by all the glowing reviews. We also had a little interaction with the owner and found him to be very nice.
I'm going to agree with one of the other reviewers when I say the hotel was very dated. It wasn't a "retro" look. It was just old. The bathroom area was very clean and so were the sheets. Nothing was out of place, but the area rug was clearly stained, they cut off the bottom half of the curtains and covered a chair with the fabric, but didn't hem the curtains! One of the tiles at the inside entrance was loose and the light fixtures and shelf in the bathroom were rusted. I'm not sure what view other people were talking about, we had trash stacked outside our window.
The price was very reasonable, so in some ways I don't want to sound like I'm being negative. Just wanted people to know the price will certainly be commensurate with the amenities and interior.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were able to check-in at 3am. The owner is extremely personable and friendly. The room was a little old-fashioned, but clean and had every commodity we needed: TV, fridge, air conditioner. The yard outside is vast and has chairs which are perfect for sipping your morning cup of coffee! We came for Wanderlust Festival and so did most of the hotel visitors. It was just a perfect retreat from the noise and calamity of city life!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed for a ski weekend to take advantage of the motel's excellent location relative to Magic, Bromley and Stratton, and it certainly didn't disappoint there. Just a five-minute drive to Magic, and about 15-20 minutes for the other two is more than enough to lure me back.

But, aside from the location, there was nothing outside of your standard motel offerings. The bed was fine, shower was sufficient, the heat worked nicely and the place was clean. There's also a little spread of coffee, donuts, etc. each morning. But there was nothing about the accommodations that jumped out and "wowed" me.

I've stayed in cheaper motels near New England/New York ski areas and had similar experiences to this one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from 4 days skiing at Stratton Mtn and stayed at the Snowdon Motel in Londonderry, Vt. What a great little motel sort of a throwback to the classic 50's motel with modern updated enhancements. Clean as a whistle! The owner and staff were amazingly friendly and extra willing to accommodate the most trivial request. One of my "biggies" is a good shower and this one was wonderful.....copious quantites of hot water, great pressure and no fluctuations in temps.

I'm almost reluctant to write a "sterling review" for fear Snowdon may always be booked with no room for me......note I usually never write reviews.

Ron L.
New London, Ct

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ron L
Penfield, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here one night (Oct 28-29 2012).
I chose this motel based on the location I needed (central Vermont) and the positive reviews that I read here. Although the room was clean, I found the "retro" look to be more "old and tired". The motel is surely older, and I am used to similarly aged motels (i.e. Adirondacks) so my issue is not just age. You can blend newer amenities wtih older furnishings and end up with a very nice result, but I did not get that feeling here.

To be fair and to agree with other reviews, the ower was very pleasant and attentive to any issues. Since the heat was not yet on, he gave us a space heater which worked but was a little more "cabin" than I had hoped for. I would have been happier if I had paid less, but I could have stayed

Was is OK? Yes. Would I stay here again? I think I'd try another place in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

WOW! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. As others have noted, the room and bathroom, as well as the lovely porch upstairs, and the grounds, were immaculate!
Clean, Clean, Clean!
Groovy, funky, retro 60s-80s ski lodge type of motel which was fun and more functional than many newer properties we've stayed in! Great shower pressure and temperature. The bed and entire room were comfortable. We slept through the night; always a good sign.
The owners are clearly concerned for their guests' happiness and comfort.
We expressed interest in their veggie garden, and we ended up getting "a tour" and going home with armfuls of produce! Without asking, we were brought a modern space heater in case we got chilly (temps at night did fall to the 40s.) We also were told not to rush on the Monday morning of our check-out-- whenever we wanted to leave was okay... I've truly never met hotel owners more friendly, personable, generous, and just all around wonderful!
Make no mistake, we had complete privacy; but, when we happened to bump into the proprietors, our conversations with them were completely natural and friendly and fun.
By the way, it seems not to be advertised, but the owners do put out coffee, tea, orange juice, english muffins, toast, cold cereals with milk starting at 7:30 until at least 10:30 or 11 am. Self serve breakfast included to get you going! Great Bonus!

We travel to Manchester and environs often. This motel is only 15 minutes east of Manchester. Driving distances between Dorset, Manchester, Londonderry, Jamaica, Weston, Stratton, etc. are not far when traveling in Southern VT.
I would return to the SNOWDON in a heartbeat for ANY southern VT sojourn!

Room Tip: Room 10 upstairs was great.