“Clean, well maintained, comfortable, nothing but cheers from us!”
Review of Snowed Inn

Snowed Inn
Ranked #6 of 14 Killington B&B and Inns
NYC
“Clean, well maintained, comfortable, nothing but cheers from us!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My family of three would definitely go back. Snowed Inn will be our first choice when we ski Killington again.

Beautiful Inn from the outside.
Clean and well maintained inside. Not a sign of being run down anywhere--and we stayed for three nights.
Very generous with the heat and towels--and complimentary breakfast! This is the first time we ever actually took advantage of the included breakfast offered by so many ski Inns and that's because Snowed Inn's was so generous, fresh and varied.
Took advantage of the common fridge and microwave--nice bonus.
I don't know if free WiFi is standard these days, but the free WiFi here never faltered.

Our only regret is that we waited until our last evening to hit the outdoor hot tub. We should have done it every night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
millerbrook, Owner at Snowed Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Valrico, Florida
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a fall trip to see the changing of the leaves. Our room was very nice and comfortable, it had a fireplace and was newly updated. The manager was nice and accommodating and we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is the first time I decide to write a review online. I organized a trip with over 15 people to the Snowed Inn. Unfortunately, upon arrival, we realized that the website was deceptive. The pictures do not display how run down the inn actually is. The 167$ / night rooms make you feel like you are in a motel in the 70s. No wonder the owner requests that the room be paid in full upon arrival...what you couldn't have noticed anyways is that the walls are paper thin and that you will probably enjoy every noise made by your neighbours...

But most importantly, the service is appauling: check out is at 10am, and while my friends were waiting in the lobby for us to pick them up (after checking out) the owner told them: "do you not have anything better to do? Check out was at 10..."

Basically: do not waste your money there, the owners an the place are not worth it.

• Stayed February 2013
millerbrook, Owner at Snowed Inn, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I am truly dismayed at your dissatisfaction. Although the decor may not be to your liking, I can state unequivocally that we are extremely conscientious about keeping the property well maintained and updated. With a group reservation noise can in fact be an issue that we do our best to control. It is unusual for a group of individuals to remain in the inn for an entire day after checkout, but regardless I sincerely apologize for my husband's comment, which I know (I heard him make it) he meant as a casual joke-he is European and his inflection sometimes is misinterpreted.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Very good find on Killington Mt.

Our room (105) was very spacious and beds were comfortable to sleep on.

Our room was cleaned every day and beds were made. The room was warm and the shower had hot water at all times, even though the shower was as strong as the hose for washing elephants (and no showerhead too).

The staff was very friendly and the overall atmosphere was very welcoming.

There are a few things I'd point out to future travelers who've not been to Killington before:

You do need a car to get to the nearest ski base from here. The description on killington.com says 1-3 miles to the base, but this is by no means a walking distance. Very convinient thing about this B&B is that is very close (walking distance) to one of the best stakehouses on Killington. There's also a small gorcery store literally down the street and a few more amenities.

So overall, I would come back to Snowed Inn again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Marco Island, Florida
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I booked a room at the Snowed Inn in Killington, Vt. for my 94 year old mother, myself and my husband for Dec. 24 and 25, 2012. When I booked, I asked if the room had been updated recently....new linens, carpet and bathroom. They assured me it had and was very nice, so I agreed to pay the $287 per night, as opposed to paying $99.00 per night at the Hillside Inn. The room was not even as good as the cheapest of the cheap chain hotels I have stayed in. Carpet was so warn there was an old piece of carpet thrown over part of it....a real hazzard for my mother...or anyone. The light bulbs could not have been more than 20 watt, and the room was so dark that we had to request brighter bulbs, and managed to get some 60 watt.....still to dark to read. I guess they thought that in the dark we would not notice the old linens. The update in the bathroom consisted of new faucets in a tiny old bathroom with a modular shower. There was no room to put anything there. Since the noisy fan went on when you turned on the bathroom light, we asked for a night light. They searched and searched, and finally agreed that we could have the one which lit the dark hallway. I asked for kleenex, since there was none in the room, and finally they found an old, used, half of a box. The only amenities in the bathroom were a single shampoo and conditioner. There was no coffee maker in the room and they did not have morning coffee or the breakfast ready until 8am.....too late for us, since we were joining family. The room had no thermostat and little heat. There were no extra blankets. We froze!
I do not know what the Hillside Inn, just down Killington access road, was like, but it looked nice from the outside, and I doubt it could have been worse......at much less than half the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Carol M
millerbrook, Owner at Snowed Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I am truly sorry you were unhappy with our accommodations. The bathroom in the room you rented actually has a tub/shower unit-not modular in any way. The room was updated with new comforters in summer 2012 and our sheets are fresh from a reputable linen service. There is in fact a temperature regulator on the baseboard, and had you asked, we would have been happy to show you how to regulate the heat and certainly would have provided additional blankets. We do not advertise our rooms being equipped with coffee makers. Thank you for the feedback-we will tend to the bathroom fan.
Massapequa Park, New York
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed at the Snowed Inn during the week of the holiday break from school. We traveled to Vermont for a ski/snowboard family trip. This was our first time at this Inn, and we were overall pleased with our stay. Upon arrival, I must say, it was so nice to see the Inn. It posed a very warm & inviting atmosphere. The Inn is kept very clean and the location to the restaurants and the Killington ski area is just great! We did do a kind of last minute booking, so they had only one room left that could accommodate our family. It had one queen & two single beds. For (two adults, one older teenager & my 9 yr. old).. Was a little tight, but did the trick for the time that we spent in the room. The breakfast set up was perfect. You serve yourself & the selection of breakfast items was fine. We made our Belgian waffles every morning along with any options of hard boiled eggs, cereals, bagels, etc. & juice/coffee. It was a pleasure speaking with Jim the Innkeeper, also thru-out our stay. He will help you with, or advise you on any area questions you may have. The common area was very nice if you chose to sit and relax for a while. They do also have a welcoming Jacuzzi just steps away on the deck. Never did use it, saw another couple using it one time though. It did look very nice...maybe next time :)
Going by comments from other visitors regarding the room rates...Yes, maybe rates seem a little pricey, but similar accommodations elsewhere, will cost the Same or maybe more, especially during the holiday stays. I did look into it before booking here. As a family we make several trips to Vermont for the Ski season, usually Visiting Okemo, but wanted to Ski Killington this time. We have stayed at, at least a handful of different Inns, plus many hotels and this is the kind of rate you will encounter. (Especially for the location & Breakfast included) So, with all that being said, we would love to return to Snowed Inn for another future stay. They are doing a great job with their business! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tees2luvs
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I am just back from staying at the Snowed Inn. It was my first Christmas in the states and boy did I love it! Not only was there loads of snow outside, but our time inside was so cozy, warm, welcoming and delicious! Our room was extremely clean, comfortable, and quiet- the perfect romantic Christmas stay with hubby. Breakfast was a great start to the day, given we spent our days on the slopes. My favorite being waffles, blueberries, yummy syrup and unlimited coffee. Thank you to our hosts who were lovely, charming and very helpful. Overall a great stay, can't wait to come back!! Thanks again!

Room Tip: Fireplace/ jacuzzi suite was great!