Snowed Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Happy Bear Motel(Killington)
The Mountain Inn(Killington)
View Hotel
All reviewswaffleshot tubhard boiled eggsblueberriescozy lobbyhomemade cookiesenglish muffinsstay there againwalking distancerestaurants and barsnice sizewaffle makerevery morninghome away from homekillington access roadthe location is perfectspartan race
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I have stayed at the Snowed Inn many times in the past during the winter and during fall foliage. It continues to be my favorite. The Inn is always warm, friendly, immaculately clean, and very comfortable. The Innkeepers, Jeanne and Manfred, as well as their Office Manager, Jim always extend warm hospitality and take extreme pride in ensuring that your stay is great. I continue to highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ddesalvo
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I have returned to the Snowed Inn many times over the years for skiing and fall foliage. This most recent trip was to enjoy the fall foliage and participate in a local trail run with my friends. As always, the Inn was a high point of the trip: it's a relaxing, welcoming atmosphere and always a joy to see Manfred, Jean, and Jim again. The Inn itself is just beautiful inside and out. This year we had some uncertainty about the trip following the devastation of hurricane Irene, but by the time we arrived most of the major roads had reopened. We had no trouble at all getting from the airport in Burlington to the Snowed Inn and no trouble getting around central Vermont to Woodstock and the Mt. Ascutney area for our run. The irony is that the rain that caused so much damage is also bringing out beautiful fall colors this year. My only regret is that we could stay just a few days. I can't wait to get back there this winter for some skiing.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I have stayed in many B&B's, and this one felt more like a college dorm or small ski chalet than a B&B. Room was small (but clean), carpeting industrial grade (think office building) breakfast was disappointing.... fruit, quick bread, packaged cereal and hard boiled eggs. One waffle iron , which meant waiting for a waffle....never even got one. The photos on the website are nicer than the actual place. Best part of the stay was dining at the Vermont Inn (which was exceptional). Would not return

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Llamafocs
Reviewed October 2, 2011

My boyfriend and I have a lot of history at Killington, and went up real estate shopping for the upcoming ski season. The Snowed Inn is a comfortable and friendly place to spend a weekend. The room wasn't particularly big (in fact, it was quite small), and could have benefit from a bit more thought (for example, there was only one bedside lamp-- making it hard for me to read after he went to sleep), but was clean and adequate... The (outdoor) hot tub is open from 4-9pm, which is an understandable policy, but it would be nice to have it open slightly more flexible hours, depending on weather (it rained all weekend, so 3pm hot tubbing might have been nice).

The highlights were certainly the breakfast (best waffles I've ever had), the location (it's very very walkable to some of the best places on the access road), and a very friendly and welcoming local man who made breakfast, coffee, and nice conversation each morning. He was great about making us feel comfortable and welcome.

Summary: Highly recommended nice little inn for a clean place to stay (and ski) that's higher-end than the 70s/80s decor motels around, and less expensive than the fancy on-mountain lodging.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We arrived weeks after hurricane Irene, and the major roads to the Inn were all open, so it was quite an easy drive from Burlington airport to Killington. The Inn and the Innkeepers couldn't have been more welcoming and accommodating. We stayed for 4 days and three nights, during peak foliage season. What a spectacular time of year to visit VT. The Inn itself is nestled back off the main road and has this great apple tree out front that was just overflowing with apples ready for the picking. Once you get inside it feels as though I'm staying with my very good friends or family the whole weekend. The gathering room was my favorite room and the place where we spent all of our down time, eating and relaxing, catching up and just enjoying our time together. The room also has cozy chairs and a double sided fireplace, that I'm sure in the winter seasons, makes you never want to go outside. I can just picture myself drinking hot cocoa, relaxing by the fire, reading a great book. Definitely make yourself a waffle in the morning for breakfast, they are quite delicious! Of course the rooms are very nicely decorated, very clean and comfortable. We can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends