“Average”
Review of Snowed Inn

Snowed Inn
Ranked #5 of 14 Killington B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I have stayed in many B&B's, and this one felt more like a college dorm or small ski chalet than a B&B. Room was small (but clean), carpeting industrial grade (think office building) breakfast was disappointing.... fruit, quick bread, packaged cereal and hard boiled eggs. One waffle iron , which meant waiting for a waffle....never even got one. The photos on the website are nicer than the actual place. Best part of the stay was dining at the Vermont Inn (which was exceptional). Would not return

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Llamafocs
There are newer reviews for Snowed Inn

Reviewed October 2, 2011

My boyfriend and I have a lot of history at Killington, and went up real estate shopping for the upcoming ski season. The Snowed Inn is a comfortable and friendly place to spend a weekend. The room wasn't particularly big (in fact, it was quite small), and could have benefit from a bit more thought (for example, there was only one bedside lamp-- making it hard for me to read after he went to sleep), but was clean and adequate... The (outdoor) hot tub is open from 4-9pm, which is an understandable policy, but it would be nice to have it open slightly more flexible hours, depending on weather (it rained all weekend, so 3pm hot tubbing might have been nice).

The highlights were certainly the breakfast (best waffles I've ever had), the location (it's very very walkable to some of the best places on the access road), and a very friendly and welcoming local man who made breakfast, coffee, and nice conversation each morning. He was great about making us feel comfortable and welcome.

Summary: Highly recommended nice little inn for a clean place to stay (and ski) that's higher-end than the 70s/80s decor motels around, and less expensive than the fancy on-mountain lodging.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We arrived weeks after hurricane Irene, and the major roads to the Inn were all open, so it was quite an easy drive from Burlington airport to Killington. The Inn and the Innkeepers couldn't have been more welcoming and accommodating. We stayed for 4 days and three nights, during peak foliage season. What a spectacular time of year to visit VT. The Inn itself is nestled back off the main road and has this great apple tree out front that was just overflowing with apples ready for the picking. Once you get inside it feels as though I'm staying with my very good friends or family the whole weekend. The gathering room was my favorite room and the place where we spent all of our down time, eating and relaxing, catching up and just enjoying our time together. The room also has cozy chairs and a double sided fireplace, that I'm sure in the winter seasons, makes you never want to go outside. I can just picture myself drinking hot cocoa, relaxing by the fire, reading a great book. Definitely make yourself a waffle in the morning for breakfast, they are quite delicious! Of course the rooms are very nicely decorated, very clean and comfortable. We can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Great place to relax, great place enjoying summer sports !
25 Years after our first visit to Snowed Inn a lot of things have changed - except the warm, helpful and engaged atmosphere offered by the owners Jeanne and Manfred to us. We found many opportunities for fun as well as sport: relaxing, hiking, mountainbiking, tennis and canoeing. Jim, the housekeeper was as friendly as all the people in this area.

Room Tip: if You need much room take the fully equipped appartement !
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We have stayed at the Snowed Inn many times and in all seasons. Everything was perfect!
We enjoyed the Inn, the hosts, and the surroundings. Special thanks to the innkeepers for their helpful hints.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank audreynj379
Reviewed September 14, 2011

My wife an I stayed at Snowed Inn during Fall color season and we were very happy with the location and quality of our stay at this Inn. We would certainly stay there again. The owners/hosts and staff are friendly and want to meet the needs of their guest
The in-room fireplaces make the stay there warm and cozy.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ensign121
Reviewed August 30, 2011

My husband and I travelled to VT with a group friends on a hiking adventure and the Snowed Inn is my new favorite place! Having been to Killington numerous times before, I had yet to stay at the Snowed Inn and I now wish I had found it years ago. The property is warm and cozy, sparkling clean, comfy and the owners were the friendliest I've met on the mountain. They took the time to explain the hiking routes to us, suggest dining options and were always on site if we needed something.
The room was super clean with really comfy beds. Breakfast was perfect- the waffles really hit the spot, and the hot tub was PERFECT after a long day of hiking! Our entire group had a great stay all around. The property is a bit off the main road so it is very peaceful and quiet there. I would highly recommend a stop over at the Snowed Inn if you're in the Killington area. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank S F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killington
Mendon Mountainview Lodge
#4 of 14 in Killington
Greenbrier Inn
Greenbrier Inn
#7 of 14 in Killington

Been to Snowed Inn? Share your experiences!